16-Twice The Love

Luca

"Baby, it looks fine," Liam told me as he held Amelia while I perfected the set up of dishes on our dining table.

"We are meeting our son's mates. I want everything to be perfect," I told him in a firm tone.

"Ummama!" Amelia exclaimed, bringing a smirk to my face.

"You behave for Umma and Dada, okay?" I told her before placing a kiss on her forehead. She squealed in delight and giggled loudly from Liam's hip. 

Griffin had just told us about Elle and Rowan the night before. It was surprising to hear about a trio of mates, but I was happy for him. Our Griffin deserved to be happy. He would have two by his side while he took his role as Beta, just as I have been by Liam's side all this time.

The sound of the key in the front door pulled me from my thoughts. I shared a brief look with my husband before quickly making my way toward the sound, Liam close behind.

Once I reached the entryway, I saw Griffin walking in with two figures beside him.

"Umma, Dad," Griffin began, "This is Elle," he told us while gesturing to the small, short girl. She had long, blonde hair that framed her beautiful face perfectly. Her bright blue eyes were striking against her fair skin. She smiled at both Liam and I as Griffin introduced her.

"And this is Rowan," he said while gesturing to the taller male next to him. Although taller than Elle, Rowan was a couple inches shorter than Griffin. His coffee skin tone contrasted so perfectly with Elle and Griffin. He revealed a shy, yet kind smile at Griffin's words. 

I couldn't hold back my own smile seeing my son's mates.

"Rowan, Elle, it's so good to meet you both," I told them in a gentle tone.

"Yes, it's lovely to see you two," Liam quickly followed up.

"Likewise, Beta, Mr. Porter," Rowan spoke up.

"Oh, call me Luca," I told them.

"Liam is fine for me, as well," Liam said with a light chuckle.

"Luca," Elle tested my name on her lips after my insistence, "You have a beautiful home."

"Thank you, sweetie," I said with a grin. Before I could say anything else, I was rudely interrupted.

"Giffy!" Amelia yelled her nickname for her brother while slapping at Liam's chest. This caused laughs to erupt from each of us.

"Hey, Melly," Griffin replied with a smirk.

"Come, before dinner gets cold," I told them while beckoning the trio toward the dining room.

Throughout the evening, I found that the two Griffin had been paired with were such kind souls. I could see from the look in Liam's eyes that he was sharing my joy. Griffin had let us know his plan was to let his mates sleep over for the night, which Liam and I were fine with.

"That Elle is such a sweetheart," I told Liam while he and I pulled excess pillows from our bed before lying down for the night. Amelia had already been bathed and rocked to sleep while Griffin and his mates retired to his bedroom.

"Rowan seems like such a gentle soul, too," I said while pulling back our duvet to lie down. As Liam and I cuddled up next to each other, he placed a chaste kiss on my lips while keeping a gentle hold on my chin.

"It doesn't bother you at all? The two mates?" he asked.

"Of course not. I'm just glad he's happy, and the Moon Goddess doesn't make mistakes. Does it bother you?" 

"Not at all," he whispered, "I had just never heard of it happening until now."

"Me either. But it seems sweet. With two mates, he has twice the love. What could possibly be wrong about that?"

Liam simply smiled and kissed me once more before turning the bedside lamp off and holding me tightly as we drifted to sleep.