22-Movie Night

Benjamin

3 Months Later

"Come on, Beth. It'll be fun," Luca coaxed.

"To be your third wheel, and Jackson and Ben's? No thanks," Beth responded. I giggled at their interaction.

It had been a few months since our little Max was born. Everyday, he was looking more and more like a perfect blend of Jackson and I. His brown hair was starting to curl as it grew slowly, and his sparkling grey eyes never changed since the day he was born.

Since things had been so busy, we hadn't had a chance to hang out as friends for a while. So, Jackson and I were planning a movie night at our home. Liam and Luca would be there, and we were currently trying to convince Beth as we sat at her dining table. Little Amelia was making a mess of her breakfast as she sat in Luca's lap while we conversed over the table.

"Oh, don't be like that, Beth," Jackson chimed in.

Just then, Mason walked down the stairs and toward the living room, glancing out the windows.

"Good morning, sweetie," Beth greeted him. His head whipped toward us and he began to walk our way.

"Oh, good morning guys," he greeted all of us.

"Are you expecting someone?" Liam asked.

"Yeah, uh... Jane, Aiden's mom, is dropping him off. We wanted to hang out today and his car is getting repairs at the moment. I offered to pick him up, but I don't think she's a big fan of my bike," he said as he looked down and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Mmm, well she has the Alpha to blame for that one," Beth murmured as she took a sip of her coffee, pulling a chuckle from Jackson. "I'm glad through, I'll finally get a chance to meet her."

"You haven't met Aiden's mom?" I asked as I patted Max's bottom gently while he slept in my arms.

"No, we've tried to schedule lunch a few times, but things always get in the way," she responded.

Mason began walking toward the door moments before a knock resonated. He opened it to reveal a smiling Aiden, and immediately enveloped him in his arms, peppering kisses all over his face while Aiden laughed. Mason looked up from his mate, and began signing to someone outside. I wasn't proficient enough in sign language to understand the conversation, though. Beth walked to the door then, and began signing as well. I was surprised. I suppose Mason and Aiden had been teaching her. 

From my spot at the dining table, I got a perfect view of the front door as someone walked in. She stood tall, with long, brown curly hair, and a green turtleneck that complimented her slender figure. 

Once across the threshold at what I assume was Mason and Beth inviting Jane in, Beth caught her gaze, and the pair paused momentarily. Jane's eyes widened slightly at the sight of Beth up close, and Beth's seemed to do the same. They studied each other's faces for a moment before Beth blushed and looked away. 

I immediately understood what was happening.

"Mason, Aiden, why don't you boys come with us to our house for a movie night tonight?" I asked, as an attempt to let Beth and Jane have some alone time. The pair, oblivious to their mothers, nodded happily at my invitation. I looked across the table at Liam and Luca. "You should invite Griffin and his mates."

"Oh, it will be so much fun!" Luca exclaimed. Amelia perked up after hearing her brother's name.

"Giffy!" she squealed, drawing laughs from everyone except the two distracted women by the front door.

****

That evening, we were all piled up in our large, main living room. The only light being the tv, as it was dark outside, and we had the lights turned off. Mason sat in the corner of the sectional, with Aiden sat comfortably between his legs, leaning back on his chest. Liam sat close by, with one arm around Luca who was cuddled into his side, Amelia drifting in and out of sleep while she snuggled with her parents. Griffin, Elle, and Rowan sat on the floor. As they leaned on the front of the couch, Griffin had one arm around Elle, with the other around Rowan.

Jackson walked in after having just put Max down for the night, and sat beside me, pulling me into his lap while inhaling my scent with his face on my neck. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head on his shoulder while I stretched my legs out.

"Did Max give you any trouble when you put him down?" I asked.

"No, he didn't even wake up when I put him in his crib," Jackson murmured. I wasn't surprised. Max was such a good baby.

The movie played in the background but I paid it no mind. I glanced around the room and smiled. Liam and Luca, just as happy together as a couple of teenagers. They had made two beautiful children together, who both seemed to be thriving. Amelia was living her best toddler life while Griffin fell more and more in love with his two mates everyday. It was rare to see three mates, but I couldn't be happier for them. 

Mason and Aiden. They reminded me of Jackson and myself when we were younger. Mason had grown to be so protective of his mate, making me even more proud of him. A protector. Just like his father.

I could only assume Beth was getting to know her new mate, which brought a smile to my face. She deserved happiness.

I gazed up at Jackson's face, his golden skin tone and sharp jawline as glorious as ever. We have been through hell and back in our lifetimes, yet here we are. Survivors. Our little baby Max a wonderful testament to that. 

Everything was okay. More than okay. Everything was good.

****

Calm before the storm. O.O