𝟎𝟑 || 𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒐𝒍

DESPITE BOTH TRIBUTES PROTESTS, Sasha and Bell, Jordan's mentor, forced the two of them to watch the other reapings

DESPITE BOTH TRIBUTES PROTESTS, Sasha and Bell, Jordan's mentor, forced the two of them to watch the other reapings. They were scattered throughout the day, but the Capitol always did reruns all day. Nobody wanted to miss which tribute was getting sent to their death.

Evelyn was glad for the distraction; she doubted that she'd be able to sleep anyway. Sleep had been a luxury she lost years ago and learned to function without, so she had no problem with losing a bit of it. Hopefully, it would be easy to sleep when they got to the Capitol, those beds had to be unbelievably comfortable.

"Pay attention to the reapings," Sasha said lazily, "It's important or whatever. You want to know your opponents before you meet them. It will give you an advantage. And don't underestimate anybody."

District 1's tributes were both volunteers. That wasn't a surprise. The male tribute, Kutter, was definitely going to be a threat. He was taller than Jordan and Evelyn combined, and he seemed like a crowd favorite too. Evelyn could see why; he was tall and gorgeous. Luscious black hair that looked soft, brown warm eyes that were easy to melt into, and of course the muscles. He was the kind of person who got sponsors with ease. He walked up to the stage, winking and blowing kisses at the girls. Even Caesar Flickerman only had good things to say about the guy.

Lavender, the female tribute, reminded Evelyn of Cassandra. She had blonde hair wrapped around her head in a crown and bright green eyes that were impossible to forget. The girl walked up to the stage with the same confidence that Kutter had, but her expression held an underlying tone of superiority. She stood there and stared blankly at the crowd like she had won the games. She didn't look physically strong, but it looked like her arrogance made up for it.

District 2's tributes weren't that different. Ace was smaller than Kutter was, although he had a mean look in his eyes and everyone cowered away from him as he walked up to the stage. Everyone was acting like the man was going to punch them right then and there. The people in 2 knew more about the tributes than Evelyn did because of the academy, so it seemed like Ace was going to be a bigger threat than he looked.

Ismene, the girl from 2, was stronger than the other careers combined. Her lips were pressed into a thin line and her brunette hair was in a high ponytail, making her look intimidating and professional. Two things that the Capitol loved. It was clear that the careers weren't a joke this year. Even the host, Caesar Flickerman seemed to agree according to his voiceover.

Quite a batch of careers this year, it will be exciting to see this play out.

Tera and Zinc from 3 were both young and looked frightened as they stepped onto the stage. It took Evelyn a minute, and seeing their father's reaction, to realize that the two kids were twins. That was a strange coincidence. Twins, or even siblings, in an arena at the same time, was uncommon but it wasn't impossible. 3 was hardly a physical threat, but the two children would probably be abnormally smart. Beetee won his games several years ago by electrocuting everyone. The two kids could be capable of that as well.