𝟐𝟎 || 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝑾𝒂𝒔 𝑶𝒗𝒆𝒓?

DISTRICT 8 WAS AN ABSOLUTE MESS

DISTRICT 8 WAS AN ABSOLUTE MESS. The protests after the 74th Games were bad, but after the star-crossed lovers victory tour it became ten times worse. There was never a quiet moment, someone was either shouting, burning something, shooting, or getting shot. Bell, Evan, Sasha, and Evelyn refused to leave their village. It was the only place people weren't trying to burn to the ground and peacekeepers weren't trying to shoot up.

Evan and Bell wanted to do something to help the protests, but Evelyn and Sasha didn't even want to get involved. It wasn't their fight. They, at least Sasha, had people to worry about, and they didn't want to give Snow a reason to do something to them.

Even though there was no protesting at the moment, tension in victors village was at an all-time high. The 75th Hunger Games was coming up, which meant it was the third Quarter Quell. The last two Quarter Quell had been... entertaining. During the first Quarter Quell districts had to choose their own tributes, and during the 50th one, which Haymitch won, there were double the tributes.

Based on the trends of the last two Quarter Quells, this one wasn't going to be good.

"What do you think they're going to do?" Evan asked as the three of them sat on the couch. Bell had chosen to stay in her own home, saying something about how she didn't want to turn it into some kind of hangout. It was an announcement that made the games even worse, not some sort of friend gathering.

Sasha shrugged, "Could be anything. Probably something the Capitol would want though. What's the point of the Quarter Quell if it's not entertaining?"

"To remind the districts that we're all evil," Evelyn reminded him in a sarcastic tone.

"Oh," Sasha smirked at the TV turned on, "Of course. Can't forget about that."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Citizens of Panem. This is the seventy-fifth year of the Hunger Games. When the charter of the Games was written, it dictated that every twenty-five years there would be a Quarter Quell to make fresh for each new generation the memory of those killed by the rebellion against the Capitol. The Quarter Quell was reserved for the Games of special significance. And now on this, the 75th of our of the rebellion, we the 3rd Quell as a that even the strongest cannot the of The Capitol."

The three victors were staring at the TV with concern now. Evelyn didn't like the way he was saying it. "The strongest." Maybe he was only reaping 18-year-olds. Her foot was tapping against the ground as she waited for Snow to continue talking, but he was pausing for what seemed like dramatic effect.

Finally, he began to say the last part of his speech.

"On this, the 3rd Games, the male and Tributes are to be from the pool of in each district."

And there it was. For three years she had been fine. Not fine, that wasn't the right word. She had to watch two of her tributes die and sleep with a string of men in the Capitol, but that had become daily life for her. This was different.