𝟒𝟎 || 𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝑴𝒚 𝑬𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒆𝒔

THE VIPER'S ROOM WAS HARDLY A ROOM

THE VIPER'S ROOM WAS HARDLY A ROOM. It was a small area with four walls and a bed tucked away in the corner. The bed was hard and felt like plastic, the room was always cold, there was nothing to do, and she wasn't allowed to leave unless Nea or Montell let her out. And she was only let out for an hour unless she was on an assignment. The only difference between her room and cell was there were no metal bars.

The door swung open and Nea walked in. She liked Nea more than Montell, Nea had a softer and warmer look. It felt like they were friends; Montell was just a superior. "Hey," Nea said, "Montell sent for you. Something about 8."

The Viper knew the districts were rebelling against the Capitol, and she knew that 8 was one of the most active ones. She didn't know much about 8, but she did know the place left a bitter taste on her tongue whenever she talked, or even thought about it.

Peacekeepers had to follow her wherever she went. She was practically a peacekeeper herself, but that didn't matter to Montell. Or anyone. He said it was for the safety of those around her as if she'd last out and murder everybody within her reach. She might've been trained to be a killer, but she'd never kill people for fun, or during an emotional outburst. She had no issues with emotional outbursts. The Viper targeted people who the Capitol told her to target, and that was that.

When she got to the place the peacekeepers led her, Montell wasn't there but someone was. Cassius. It always had to be Cassius.

"Hey Vi," He smiled his big dumb smile and waved at her.

Her eyes narrowed, "Don't call me that."

"Do you enjoy anything?" He asked sarcastically.

"Sno- Snider, what are you doing here?" Montell's voice called out, and it was like the old general appeared from the shadows. He wore his usual sneer and his arms were clasped behind his back.

"The assignment, sir," Cassius answered, and the word sir had a threatening undertone.

Montell pursed his lips and his voice lowered to a whisper, even though The Viper could still hear him. "I told you I'd take care of it, you aren't assigned to it."

"Is that so?" Cassius said rhetorically.

The general looked at him for a moment and then sighed, "Fine. You're on."

The two men exchanged glances, and The Viper couldn't comprehend what the gaze was supposed to mean. She wasn't supposed to comprehend it anyway, she was supposed to follow whatever orders they gave her.

"Now that that's settled," Montell turned to face The Viper again, "They've spotted rebels in 8. Not just any rebels, Katniss Everdeen herself."

"So you want me to kill her?" She asked in a monotone voice.

He shook his head, "No, Snow has his plans for her. But, there is someone I want you to take care of. We received word that he's there, and I thought you'd like the honor of... getting rid of him."