𝟐𝟖 || 𝑰𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑱𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒆, 𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑱𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒆

"LOOKS LIKE WATER OR TROPICAL," Xanther told Evelyn as he smoothed out her sleeves

She groaned and tucked her necklace under the clothing, "Wonderful. I just love water."

A small smile appeared on the stylist's face, "You can't swim?"

"No, I can't swim," Evelyn spat out as she fussed with her arena-wear, causing Xanther to slap her hand away.

"Don't fuss with it!"

"I'm gonna miss this. You yelling at me and telling me not to mess with these stupid uncomfortable outfits" The tribute sighed, "Thank you for everything."

The stylist shrugged, "It's my job. Do you need something for your knee?"

"No," Evelyn shook her head, "I've already gotten used to the knee by now. Hey, if you ever get the chance to go to District 8, in my house there's a desk. Check the top left drawer, you'll find my mom's old sketchpad there. There's a bunch of outfit designs I think you'll like."

Xanther smiled at the girl, pushing her toward the tube, "Of course. I'll make sure Snow knows exactly where they came from."

Evelyn tried her best to return his smile, but it didn't look or feel real. The glass door closed around her, trapping her inside the tube that would bring her up to the arena. She didn't know what to expect, but she knew it wasn't going to be good.

She never got the chance to talk to Evan either. He had already fallen asleep by the time she mustered up the courage to knock on his door again, and they didn't have time to talk before their mentors dragged them to the plane.

"Good luck," Xanther said and Evelyn saw him starting to tear up.

Evelyn wasn't good with goodbyes. She wanted to say more about everything the stylist had done for her the past few years, but the words wouldn't leave her mouth. She gave him a small, sad smile as the countdown came to an end, and the platform began to shake under her as it rose.

"Remember what your goal is," The stylist said before the tribute was out of sight, "not everyone is getting out of this, Lyn. Remember who you need to get out."

In other words, don't spend too much time looking for your brother.

Evelyn hoped that they'd see each other in the arena, especially if they were both with Katniss, but that wasn't how the games worked. It was good to have hope though. Evelyn had spent the last few days preparing for her death, she needed to start believing she could survive.

It wouldn't help Katniss if she died right away.

Evelyn only dropped her smile once the stylist was gone and all she saw was gray around her. That only lasted a few seconds, then she was blinded by the sun. It was new, last time she'd been in the arena there had been clouds surrounding her. The gamemakers had changed their mind this year.