𝟑𝟔 || 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒆𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒑𝒆𝒓

EVELYN FELT HER HEART POUND AS NEA LED HER SOMETHING

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

EVELYN FELT HER HEART POUND AS NEA LED HER SOMETHING. The woman was completely silent, and her hands trembled when she grabbed the doorknob of a nearby door. Evelyn saw her swallow hard before swinging the door open and leading her inside.

The room looked just like all the other rooms in the Capitol. The only difference between this room and Evelyn's cell was the fact that this room had four walls instead of three walls and cell bars. Montell was back and standing in the corner of the room, a smug look on his face.

His hands were clasped behind his back, and Evelyn felt a shiver go down her back when he looked at her. She did not recognize the man from any messages from the Capitol, she'd never seen him at the games, and the name wasn't recognizable. But she had a feeling that her knowledge of him wouldn't matter that much anyway.

"Miss Brinley," Montell nodded in her direction, "It's an honor."

Evelyn fought the urge to roll her eyes, "Oh, I'm sure."

He began to pace back and forth, feeding into Evelyn's nerves. "I wanted Miss Mason, but apparently Snow had other plans for her. Or something like that. A very quiet man. But you will do."

So, Johanna was in the Capitol. Evelyn didn't know whether to be relieved that she was in this room instead of Johanna or not. On one hand, Evelyn didn't know what Montell was playing with, on another hand, she didn't like that Snow had 'other plans' for Johanna.

"No response?" Montell asked, pursing his lips, "Very well, I love to hear myself talk anyway. As quick as the finale of your first games might've been, your technique was beautiful."

"My technique?" Evelyn repeated sarcastically, "You mean starting a fire in the spur of the moment? I wouldn't call that technique, not a lot of thought involved with that."

He grinned like that was exactly what he wanted to hear. "Yes, but it's that that makes it so amazing."

Evelyn looked at Nea, trying to read her face and see if this guy was being serious. He seemed out of his mind, rambling about nonsense that didn't make sense. Nea caught her eye and gave her a small amused smile.

"I see we're getting impatient," Montell said, catching the exchange between the two women. He stopped pacing and turned back to Evelyn, "I'll get to the point. You tend to turn to the most violent thing you can do when you feel cornered."

She didn't know how true that was. He was exaggerating. Sure, she was violent, but so was everyone else who won the games at some point. You had to be violent in the arena, and usually, that behavior tended to stick around after you won the games. She couldn't name all the times she nearly stabbed Bell or Sasha in the chest because they managed to sneak up on her.

Bell.

She had no clue what happened to her. What did the Capitol do to all the other victors who weren't in the games? Annie was here, what about her? Was she alright?

𝑳𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝑹𝒆𝒅 || 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें