𝟑𝟐 || 𝑺𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑺𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔

THERE WAS NOTHING BUT SILENCE ON EVELYN'S SIDE OF THE BARRIER

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

THERE WAS NOTHING BUT SILENCE ON EVELYN'S SIDE OF THE BARRIER. She could see the three tributes, Katniss, Finnick, and Evan, screaming and trying to shout something, but she couldn't hear it. It looked like they couldn't hear them either since Peeta kept pounding on the forcefield and telling Katniss that everything was fine, and the girl wasn't reacting to his words at all. Evelyn had joined him in trying to get their attention, but Evan had the same reaction.

Evelyn couldn't hear the jabber jays, but clearly, they were still going off because she could see them flying overhead on the other side and the three were covering their ears.

"What do we do?" Johanna asked, looking at her.

Evelyn pursed her lips, "I don't think there's anything we can do except stay here until the hour is over."

They were forced to watch as the birds tormented them, and by the time the barrier disappeared Katniss was curled into herself with her palms pressed against her ears, and the two boys were staring silently at the ground.

Evelyn put her hand on her brother's shoulder and squeezed it, trying to get some kind of reaction from him. He just looked up at her and then looked back down at the ground.

"It's just a stupid bird," She told him, "Not even Snow is stupid enough to hurt someone like that just for a mutt, let alone someone from the Capitol."

Nearby, Peeta was telling Katniss something similar. "It's electronic, they can't hurt Prim."

Johanna stared at the two of them and scoffed, crossing her arms, "Your fiancee is right, you know. The whole country loves your sister. If they tortured her, if they did anything to her, forget the districts- there would be riots in the damn Capitol-"

The tribute paused and looked up at the sky, addressing the cameras. "How's that sound Snow?! How about we set your backyard on fire?! You can't put everybody in here."

Evelyn looked up from Evan and stared at her friend in silence. She wasn't wrong; Snow couldn't put everybody in here, but he could punish them in other ways.

Johanna looked at Katniss, who was staring at her in shock, with a bitter and amused expression. "What? They can't hurt me, there's no one left that I love. I'm going to go get some water."

No matter how many times Evelyn assured Evan that the jabber jays were just that- jabber jays- he continued to stare at the ground and ignore her. He didn't respond to anything, which worried her. If a career snuck up near him he most likely wouldn't realize it.

The two of them sat next to Loverboy, who looked up at Evelyn after a few moments of silence, "What did she mean by that?"

"What did who mean by what?" Evelyn countered.

"Johanna. What did she mean by that little speech after yelling at the cameras."

Evelyn fought the urge to roll her eyes, her tone sarcastic when she answered. "You can be slow on the uptake, can't you? It's simple, family's dead. If she says something like that the worst thing Snow could do is blow her up on the spot."