𝟏𝟗 || 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒐𝒏 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒆

TWO VICTORS

TWO VICTORS.

Two fucking victors.

Over a handful of berries.

Seneca Crane was a moron. Sasha was mad at Everdeen and Mellark for the staged romance, but Evelyn and Evan couldn't even be mad at them. Katniss was brilliant for pulling out the berries at the last second, but Crane was a moron for letting them win.

Of course, the Capitol was in love with the damn victors. Evelyn had said it once before and she'd repeat it. People in the Capitol were naive fools who swallowed everything you fed them. But the districts weren't nearly as impressed with the star-crossed lovers. The two victors still gave them hope, but it was a different kind of hope.

Evelyn wasn't sure how the other districts were doing, but 8 had been protesting for months. There were fires and shouting all around the clock now, and the peacekeepers couldn't shoot down the protesters no matter how hard they tried.

The girl hadn't left victors village since the protests started because of the fires, and Evan thought that was ironic. The girl who started the fire was terrified of fires.

The three victors were incredibly pissed off, and it doesn't help that Snow had invited all of the victors to the party at his mansion. He said he wanted to try something new, but Evelyn was convinced that he just needed to convince people everything was fine. Invite the victors so they could play nice with the star-crossed lovers.

Sasha took a sip of his drink with a frown on his face, "It's ridiculous. We all had to kill our allies if we even had any, but these two people play some cheesy fake romance and they both get out of that damn arena alive."

"Maybe we should be happy things are changing," Evan shrugged, "at least people are starting to do something."

"Don't say that out loud," Finnick Odair said with a grin as he joined them at the balcony, "Snow will have you hanged."

Evelyn nodded at the other victor before looking back at the party, "Finnick."

"Hey, Lyn."

"Have you seen Jo?"

Finnick thought for a moment before shaking his head, "No. She either found a way to not come or she's out there drinking somewhere. I'd check the drink bar."

Finnick, Sasha, and Evan were fun, but Evelyn saw Sasha and Evan every day and she didn't know Finnick that well. She was friends with him but wasn't too close to him. She preferred to hang out with Johanna whenever they were both mentoring or whenever they saw each other.

Evelyn left the balcony and walked down toward the main floor, where Katniss and Peeta were dancing. It was a stiff dance, and it was quite obvious they were acting, but everybody around them was eating it up. They watched as the two of them danced as if they were some sort of heroes.