𝟑𝟖 || 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝑷𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝑴𝒆

THE RED VIPER DID NOT LIKE REBELS- OR TRAITORS

 THE RED VIPER DID NOT LIKE REBELS- OR TRAITORS. Montell and Nea told her to refer to them as traitors, they didn't get the liberty of being called something as noble as rebels. That was why she was determined to get the assignment over with. She wasn't a huge fan of killing the young ones in the family, but after thinking about it and a few encouraging words from Montell, she realized that she simply did not care.

She tied her hair back to keep it out of her face and adjusted the rifle strung around her back. There was another smaller gun, a pistol, in her belt. Her boots felt light and quiet even though they were thick-soled, and her outfit was tight but easy to move in. This suit didn't have the snake design. They were sending her out to the field for the first time, and they didn't want anyone to know she was in action yet. And of course, knives up her sleeves. She was decent with knives; spears were her strength, they discovered that during training, but carrying around a spear would look ridiculous.

"Room for one more?" A voice said behind her, and she turned around to see a blonde boy around her age wearing an obnoxious smile.

She frowned, "No."

The boy laughed as if she was joking. She wasn't. She didn't have room for him, and she didn't want him to come along.

"Cassius Sn..." Cassius trailed off before collecting himself, "Snider. Cassius Snider."

The Viper raised her eyebrow, "Snider? For a moment I thought you were going to say-"

"Nope," He smiled, "It's Snider. Anyway, Montell is sending me with you. To help you out. You know, back up."

"That's nice," The Viper said with a sarcastic smile, "Tell him to send you back."

The boy continued to talk her ear off, and to her disappointment, followed her out of the building. A hovercraft would be too obvious, and the penthouse wasn't that far so they hadn't provided a car for her- or them now.

"You're big news around the Capitol," Cassius told her, "Most people think you're a rumor. A Capitol spy who could move in silence and attack at any moment? How terrifying is that? I never thought I'd get to meet you, let alone work with you-"

The Viper cut him off with a knife to the shoulder, causing him to yelp in pain. He was being dramatic. She didn't even really cut into him, it was more of a graze. Despite that, he clutched his shoulder and looked at her like she just murdered his whole family.

"Next time it's your mouth," She told him calmly before continuing her walk down the street, "Look out for people."

Nobody was out and about. No one had been out and about for a couple of weeks. After the Quarter Quell, there was a bit of panic but nobody really cared that much. Now everything was a mess. People were scared to leave their homes, even though there had been no sign of the traitors. Just some people who weren't on the Capitol's side, but the Capitol had snuffed them out before any damage was done.