02

me, emma and solana trailed into the lounge behind alexa. it was decorated nicely and had the euphoria cast members scattered around everywhere, the lights were dim, the atmosphere was nice and calming.

as we first stepped in, we were immediately approached by sydney sweeny who gave alexa a big hug. "syd! i missed you!!" alexa said as she continued hugging the blonde actress. "ugh i missed you more alexa." sydney replied as she pulled away from the hug and now putting her attention on me, solana and emma. she then started pointing at each of us, and saying our names, to put names to each face. "okay...rosaline, solana, and emma? did i get the names right?" "yep, perfectly" emma answered. "okay good...i know of you guys, but we've never met, so im sydney!" "so nice to meet you sydney" i said with a bright smile. solana nodded as a way of agreeing, that it is nice meeting sydney.

after a while of talking to sydney, we eventually walked away. alexa started introducing us to all of the cast members, directors, etc. i still had yet to meet jacob. i looked around the party to see if he was there yet. alexa laughed softly at me and spoke quietly, so only i'd hear... "relax rosa, he's not here yet. but i swear the second he walks in, i'll introduce you to him, okay?" i smiled softly and nodded. after a while of following alexa around, we all found ourselves venturing to different parts of the party, and meeting/talking to different people.

i stood with zendaya and dominic fike in a little circle, talking, they seemed interested in getting to know me. "so you make music right?" dominic asked, seeming genuinely curious. "that's right, i've made about six albums now." "that's sick! i'm actually a musician too..." dominic said eagerly. "oh right! yeah, i knew that...my friend emma, she actually went to your concert." i looked around searching for her, so i could point her out "no clue where she's at but she's a big fan." dominic chuckled and nodded. "i'll have to meet her sometime tonight." zendaya then jumped into the conversation, "so you're good friends with alexa?" i nodded and spoke softly, "yeah we've been friends for about two years now...she's the best." we all continued talking before moving on to talk to others.

i found myself on a couch with alexa, just talking, for a good fifteen minutes. alexa then looked at her empty wine glass. "i'll be right back, gonna get another drink. want a drink?" i shook my head. "i'm the designated driver remember?" she laughed a bit and got up. "you know one drink won't kill you?" i smiled and nodded. "i know, but i just wanna chill tonight, without any alcohol." she nodded at my response and walked to get some wine, leaving me alone on the couch, i got on my phone just to check in on things, not paying attention to my surroundings. i then felt the weight of someone sitting on the couch, a deep sigh then released from the persons mouth.

"have we met?" the person asked, i didn't recognize the voice, it was deep and had some sort of accent. i looked up from my phone slowly, realizing it was jacob elordi. i cleared my throat. "no no we haven't...im rosaline." he nodded. "the singer right?" "mhm. you're jacob?" "yep, it's nice to meet you rosa. are you here as someone's plus one, or joining us for season three?" he asked sounding curious. "no, i'm just a plus one. i'm a friend of alexa's." he smiled widely. "alexa's great! how'd you two meet?" "at a party about two years ago...since then we've been super close." "oh nice." he spoke, his smile still bright. we continued talking for twenty minutes about his life and my life, just getting to know each other, no flirting, just us being friendly. after a while of talking, he excused himself and got up to speak to some colleagues.

alexa immediately sat next to me when jacob left the couch. "look at you, and here i was thinking i'd have to introduce you to him." she chucked when she saw my puzzled face. "i saw you guys talking when i was at the bar" she explained. "so how'd it go?" alexa asked with a smile, ready to hear all the details. "it went really well! he is super sweet. and i took solana's advice and went the friendly direction." i said with a smile. alexa then shook my arm and smiled, "i told you he's sweet and he's not scary!" i nodded and laughed at her shaking my arm. "yeah you were right he is sweet and he's not scary..."