23

at the airport.

"we had a very productive couple of days. from you meeting my family, to me meeting yours." i said to jacob as we walked into the busy brisbane airport.

jacob responded in a calm and warm tone, that made his words sound so sincere. "i think so too...it kinda felt like those few days went by so fast...i can't believe my birthday is coming up in a few days though...i feel like this year just flew by...."

"your birthday, right! you're not planning for us to do anything?" i asked him, not wanting him to have planned anything since i'm already planning a surprise party for him.

jacob shook his head as we approached the bag checking counter. "no no, i haven't planned anything."

i smiled, "well...let's go out for dinner on your birthday."

truth is, jacob and i wouldn't be going to dinner. i'd be taking him to the venue where his party would be held. and as much as i hated the fact that i have to lie to him, i can't do much about it.

"yeah, i'd love that." jacob said with a smile as he put his arm around me, pulling me into him as we stood in line waiting for a clerk to be available to check my second bag. the second bag is filled with all of the clothes i bought at the shopping center with jacob. i took his advice.

after a few moments, one of the desk clerk's gained availability. jacob and i walked over, checking my bag. the clerk took the bag and started weighing and tagging it. jacob and i waited patiently, his arm still around me.

once the clerk finished, i was assured that my bag would meet us in los angeles. i thanked the clerk, and jacob and i made our way to the tsa line, our carry on bags being dragged along with us.

i sighed as i looked at the long line. "you know, we should get that little vip thing so we can start skipping the lines, i mean look at this."

jacob laughed. "you're right, we should look into that. and i'm sure our agents would be willing to work something out for us."

we stood next to each other in the line that wasn't even moving. "how much time do we have before our flight?"

jacob looked up at the board of departure times. "it says we depart in 20 minutes." he sighed as looked at the line that was still not moving.

"are you serious? we'll never make that."

"yeah, we're cutting it real close." jacob said, then he looked up at the ceiling and shrugged. "hopefully it'll move along soon."

after a couple of minutes, the line finally started moving along better. jacob and i went through tsa where they scanned our valuables, bags, and we both went through the body scanner. as soon as we finished we rushed to the line for the gate for our plane.

we made it just in time, they had already started boarding the first group of people. jacob and i both took a sigh of relief and waited to board with our specific group.

once we boarded, we took our assigned seats on the plane. he sat next to the aisle while i sat at the window seat. both of our carry-ons were stored above the seats.

after a couple of moments of the stewardesses talking, the plane then started to taxi, and took off with no problems.

jacob and i spent the majority of the flight either talking, sleeping, or watching random movies on the plane. time went by pretty slow but before i knew it, after around 16 hours and fifty minutes, the plane had made its descent into LAX.

i nudged jacob. "hey, wake up...we're back in la."

jacob slowly opened his eyes. he stretched his arms out and rubbed one of his eyes, then he looked over at me.
"already?" jacob asked, as he smiled at me.