22

morning time.

jacob and i had woken up around the same time. jacob turned on his stomach to look at me and he ran his hands over my waist while he looked at me adoringly.

"you look so adorable." i said to him as i tousled his hair.

jacob laughed in disbelief, "am i really that adorable to you...?"

i nodded. "yes but it's not a bad thing, in fact it's a good thing. a really good thing."

jacob grinned at me. "well, you're far more adorable than me."

i shook my head, "not possible, j."

he chucked again, taking my hand and rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand. "don't you dare deny it."

before i could answer him, his phone went off, someone was calling him.

while he took the call, i took this time to take a shower, do my morning routine, etc.

as i was still in the bathroom and had just finished my morning routine, my phone went off, someone was calling me. i looked at my phone to see it was gigi. i answered the facetime.

FACETIME

i put my airpods in, so jacob wouldn't hear us talking about his surprise birthday dinner

gigi filled me in on everything, the venue, the invitations, etc. she had really taken care of everything, now there was only one thing left, and that's to make sure that jacob doesn't plan his own party.

i hung up with gigi and walked into the bedroom, jacob was no longer on the phone, but he looked stressed.

"you okay?" i asked softly.

jacob smiled at me, nodding as he spoke, "yeah...i'm alright. the thing on the phone was just work."

"everything okay with work?"

jacob seemed hesitant to elaborate, taking some time to pause and get his thoughts together. he took a deep breath before speaking, sounding very quiet and slightly frustrated. "it's just, some people are a bit too much. they're always looking to stir something up...but i mean, it's nothing i can't handle."

i listened intently, "do you wanna talk more about it?"

jacob thought for a moment, it really seemed like he wanted someone to just be there for him and listen to him. so he spoke again, this time sounding like pleading. "i mean, you wouldn't mind listening to me going on and on about it?"

i shook my head and laid on the bed, next to him. "nope, go ahead."

jacob smiled, scooting over to me. he took my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine, starting to speak about what was stressing him out. he talked for about fifteen minutes, taking deep breaths and rubbing my hand every once in a while to try and comfort himself.