25

at 8am, i woke up to a quiet house, its always quiet.

i got ready for my day, and made myself some breakfast before heading out to check on the venue, where gigi planned to meet me.

the venue is gorgeous. it's a huge loft in an industrial area. there's some vintage furniture scattered around, along with balloons, and even a designated photo area. the walls are lined with photos of jacob throughout the years, some showed me and jacob over the last few months. i walked around the venue looking at all the details.

as i walked through the venue alone, i heard a voice behind me. "hey! glad you could make it."

i looked behind me and saw gigi. "gigi this place looks amazing!!"

"yeah i'm loving how it turned out!" gigi said as she gave me a quick hug, to which i returned.

"jacob is gonna seriously love it." i claimed.

gigi smiled and nodded. "i cannot wait to see his reaction..." she paused before talking again. "oh and! the plan is, that you'll come in with jacob, and the lights will be completely out, then after a second, the lights will turn back on and we'll all surprise him. that sound okay?"

"sounds perfect...how many people will be there?"

"considering how huge of a venue it is, we're looking at around 200 people."

i nodded.

"oh and, here's the stage you'll be performing on, you're ready for that right?" gigi motioned to the small stage.

"yeah yeah of course!"

~~

after a while of familiarizing myself with it, i headed out to my place which is where i practiced singing the song that i'd sing at jacob's party tonight. i also picked out an outfit for the event.

once i felt confident in how tonight will pan out, i texted jacob.

~~

MESSAGES

jacob 😊

jacob 😊

rosaline
hey birthday boy!!
we still on for dinner tonight?

jacob 😊
of course.
i can't wait to see
you ❤️❤️

rosaline
same here 😘
i'll pick you up!

~~

7:57pm.

i pulled into jacob's driveway and hopped out of my bronco.

i knocked on his front door and looked around as i waited for him to open it.

jacob opened the door a minute later. he's wearing a button down, jeans and sneakers, he also seemed to have put on some cologne. it's a warm summer night. his deep brown hair was slightly messed up.