17

note from author:
claire is clairo, the singer who was the opener at rosaline's tour!!

⭐️

i sat at the gate seating, at the atlanta airport, about to board my flight to go back to los angeles with claire.

just like almost everyplace i go, some people recognized me and came up to me, and with each person who came up, i acknowledged every single one of them. i've always loved meeting my fans, since they're the people who made me well...me.

as i was seated waiting for the boarding to begin, i found myself deep in thought. i couldn't stop thinking about how lucky i am to be where i am in life. i'm dating my dream man, my career is doing so well, and i'm so happy with myself, i couldn't wait to be back in los angeles.

after the 5ish hour flight i got my bag from the baggage claim and said goodbye to claire, as she headed to her uber.

i stood outside of the airport, at the appointed drop off and pick up spot. i was waiting for my ride to pull up, and as soon as i saw a familiar grey range rover my eyes lit up. i smiled from ear to ear, and watched jacob as he hopped out of the car.

when we got close to each other, we quickly met in a tight embrace, being that we were long distance for some time it made our reunion even more sentimental. he whispered in my ear, "i missed you so much, baby." i smiled at him, my head nuzzled in his chest. "i missed you so much more." we pulled away and i noticed the cheeky grin on jacobs face, and he spoke again. "there were so many days i just couldn't get you out of my head...i don't ever want to be away from you for that long again." i nodded in agreeing with his statement, a smile plastered on my face the whole time we spoke.

"cmon let's get your bags in the car." jacob said as he picked up my suitcase. everything else that i brought on tour with me would be mailed out to my place.

jacob took my bag and placed it in his trunk before opening the passenger door for me to get in, to which i thanked him for.

once he got into the drivers seat he began playing a 'weak for your love, by thee sacred souls'. i hummed along as he drove through the busy streets of los angeles, and to my house.

when we arrived, he brought in my bag and sat on the living room couch and we spoke as i was in the kitchen preparing us both glasses of wine. i had an open floor layout, so we could still hear each other pretty clearly.

"so where are you from again? san diego?" he asked me, from the couch. "yeah i was born in san diego and lived there until i was like 18...then i moved here to go to college at ucla, it's a story." i said as i walked into the living room, joining him on the couch and handing him a glass of wine. "you've got me interested now...tell me the story." he said as he took the glass from me.

"well at 18, i moved here to go to ucla and study english language and literature...and i ended up graduating but in my junior year, when i was 22, i came out with my hit single, and that's how i got really really known. then by 23, after graduating i moved here officially, and pursued music as my main job."

jacob listened intently, taking a few sips from his wine as i spoke, to respond to my quick story he added a follow up question. "ah that makes sense, so are you close with your family?" "mmm kinda. my dad is a lawyer and my mom's a surgeon so seeing them is really difficult since they're always busy. but i'm very close to my sister, she's older than me, she's 28...and lives in san diego. she has a family of her own now and seems happy though! what about you, are you close with your family?"