04

i picked up my phone, to update my friends on how dming jacob went. i pressed on my messages and opened the group chat.

MESAGES

😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

rosaline
OKAY SO
HE ASKED ME OUT
WELL KINDA

solana
KINDA??
WYM KINDA
AND FOR WHEN??

rosaline
tonight 😭
we're meeting at this lounge
club thingy but it's only so i can get
inspired to write so idk if it's a date

alexa
date or not, it should be fun!
and it's just gonna be you two,
so i'd consider it a date

emma
omg sooo excited for you

solana
you gotta update us after!!

rosaline
I PROMISE ILL UPDATE YOU GUYS

around 7 i started getting ready. genuinely stressing looking through my closet. "okay a club...a nightclub...a lounge downtown. exclusive..." i mumbled to myself hoping to find something that fits that vibe. i pulled out an off white top and matching skirt. i put it on and felt happy with it, i thought the outfit matched the vibe of how jacob described the nightclub.

at 7:30 i hopped in my car and drove to the lounge. parking was terrible, just like many places in la. i had to park in a garage nearby. i walked into the lounge and looked around to see if jacob was there yet. and there he was, at the bar. it was impossible to miss him, since he stood at six foot five. i walked over to him, and tapped his shoulder to get his attention. he turned around to face me.

he then looked down at me. "rosaline! i'm happy you made it." the combination of his accent and the deep toned voice, made his voice hypnotic. i smiled at him and spoke. "hey, jacob...thanks for inviting me." "of course...i figured being in this environment would spark some of your creativity. do you want a drink? my treat." he asked, his words filled with nothing but kindness. "uhhh" i looked around. "just a glass of wine, you pick what kind...thank you." i said. jacob then nodded and spoke to the bartender, "here have a seat." he said as he patted the bar stool next to his. i sat down and thanked him. "you're looking beautiful tonight." he said, keeping his eyes locked with mine. "thank you." i said softly.

"soooo...take a second...look around and take in what's going on around you. that way you can make a mental note and then the lyrics will come to you." he advised, sounding so adorable and genuine. "will do." i started looking around and sipping some of the wine he ordered for me. people were walking in between me and jacob's stools, to order their drinks. "hey rosa? would you rather sit at a couch, or a booth...?" i nodded as to say, yes i'd like that and hopped down.