Body heat and tears

GERARDS POV

It's been a day since my "encounter" with Frank in the locker room, I still can't tell if things are in my favor or not yet since Frank basically ran off.

He's set my plan back a bit with his "pushing me away" thing or whatever he was doing. I can't even ignore him yet.

It was Saturday so it's not like I could corner him at school and make him speak to me, not to mention the fact he wasn't replying to my messages.

I wonder what's his deal lately, I should text him again.. that's a great idea.

"Hi" well I didn't know what else to say so.. he read it "hi" he replied. Lame, I should ask him to meet me somewhere "what are you doing?" I asked. "Home" he said. Very dry but whatever honestly "can you hang out at the park?" I asked him, the park was fun "sure" he replied. Great. "I'll see you there" he read it.

I was ready enough I just had to get my shoes.

-

I waited at the park for Frank on the swings. It felt nice outside, it was almost dark out but the wind felt so calming, I saw Frank walking up to the swings he spotted me and waved. He sat next to me on the other swing and didn't say anything, he probably wanted me to speak up.

"Hey.." I said first, he seemed to be deep in thought before I spoke up. "Hi" he said shyly, I could understand why. "How are you?" I asked, pretending to care about his wellbeing or whatever.

"I'm alright what about you?" He turned the question around on me, that meant he probably wasn't alright. "Can I ask you something?" I asked him, he seemed to be a bit nervous and surprised, but he nodded nonetheless. "Why were you being cold to me a bit ago?" I asked him.

I pretended to sound sad but made sure not to sound too sad. More like "I'm sad but I don't wanna make it obvious I'm sad even though I'm doing a horrible job at hiding it" kind of sad. If you get it then great if not then it isn't my problem.

He now thought I was sad about him acting cold to me. He didn't speak immediately he just kept looking down at his shoes trying to find an answer.

I wanted to push him to hurry up and answer but I didn't, we sat in silence for a few seconds before I spoke up again. "What's the matter?" I asked him. He just shook his head. Then I saw it. He was crying.

I was pretty surprised and impressed by how quietly this kid could cry. This was the first time something like this has happened of course they would cry for me but I didn't think I'd ever had to deal with this before. I was still prepared nonetheless and stood up.

He also stood up still crying, silent tears falling down his face, I waked towards him and pulled him in to a hug.

I was way too cool for this but whatever.

His faced was buried in my chest. I rubbed his back trying to give comfort but that seemed to make him start to cry even harder.

"It's alright.." I whispered in his ear, trying to comfort him. He began to pour his heart out through his eyes in the form of tears. It was things like this like this what were oddly satisfying and poetic.

He crying for a while before he wasn't. "Are you okay?" I asked him with "concern" in my voice, he nodded and wiped his tear stained face. He was an oddly satisfying and beautiful cryer. He was deep in thought the way he normally seemed to be, before I spoke up. "Do you wanna go to my house?" I asked him. He nodded. Great, I was smiling in my head.

Everything was basically falling back in to place now, bringing him to my house was such a good way to get him even more comfortable with me. It let him know more about me and let him in to my life more. It's a very easy way to get him more attached to me. Funny how the mind works, isn't it?

We set off walking to my house. It was pretty quiet out, I liked it that way. It was dark out by now. We walked to my house. It was pretty cold and Frank was hugging himself in an attempt to be warm. I didn't have a jacket but I had myself and my own body heat, I pulled Frank close and wrapped my arm around him keeping him close to me. He didn't protest or say anything.

We walked for a bit before he spoke "thanks.." he basically whispered. I smiled. My charms were so amazing I really did have to give myself credit.

We walked in silence the rest of the way and when we got closer to my house I saw a car in the driveway, not my dads or my moms. My older sister's car. She was back from college, fuck.

—————————————————————————
Ik this is short but the next one will be better I promise😔😔