Bathroom stalls and food trays

FRANKS POV

I asked Gerard to talk, I didn't know if he knew that I knew about Katlyn. And tomorrow when we spoke after school I'd break up with him. I couldn't do it anymore.

He said he'd be better. He didn't. He cheated.

That definitely wasn't my idea of him being "better" at all.

I went to my locker and tried my best to ignore the rumors I heard this morning that Gerard and Katelynn had been making out in the janitorial closet across the hall. Did he really have no shame? I guess not. But.. maybe they weren't true? Maybe they didn't make out in the janitors closet at all. But that didn't change the fact he made out with her at the lockers. I did see that.

I got my shit and went to class. I felt like shit too, not to mention my life was turning out to be shit.

I was gonna sit in the back doing my usual routine of trying to go unnoticed. But the seats were moved this time around. Damn it.

They were now in rows with two seats next to each other, meaning I'd have to sit next to someone. To make it worse, we now had assigned seats. Fuck my life.

I was forced to sit with a boy. His name was Ryan, I don't wanna judge anyone. But he looked really gay.

But he seemed fine, I didn't know him. But I'd seen him around, there was a rumor once he did things with a kid named Brendon in a public bathroom at Walmart. I didn't have any classes with this Brendon kid. But I've seen him and Ryan together a lot. There was definitely a lot to unpack with that rumor.

at least I wasn't seated with Gerard, we had first period together. Speaking of Gerard, he hasn't shown up yet. But I saw him earlier walking in the hallway? Was he skipping first period? Was it to avoid seeing me? What a coward! some boyfriend he was.

"Hey, do you have a pencil?" Ryan asked me out of nowhere, pencil? But we weren't doing any work that involved paper? We were supposed to be reading a passage from our textbooks, what did he need a pencil for?

"Why?" I asked him skeptically, "I'm not reading this shit! I want to write" he responded eagerly. I felt like pressing for a better answer, I was bored. Might as well. "Writing? Well what are you gonna write?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes, "none of your business" he fired back. "Then nope, I've got no pencil" I shrugged. He groaned. "I just want to write music" he said glaring at me. I smiled, and handed him a pencil. "See, that was easy wasn't it?" I said snarking. "Shut up" he rolled his eyes.

After that small interaction we sat in silence for a while, me zoned out, Ryan writing. Until he tapped on my shoulder using the pencil. I looked at him, waiting for a response. He just smiled without a word. "What?" I asked him, "chicken butt" he smiled, oh please. "Wow Ryan, I had no idea you were suddenly five years old" I replied, unamused. "Well, now you do" I replied.

That was the last interaction we had the rest of the class before the bell rung a little while later, he immediately stood up, grabbed his things, and practically ran out of the classroom. I wondered where he was going in such a rush.

Maybe to see his boyfriend Brendon, I laughed a little to myself walking out of the classroom. Ryan and Brendon were very close for two dudes who were "just friends" but I do hear Brendon in the hallway with his friends denying any romantic feelings between them. Yeah right.

I was on my way to my locker when I saw them.

Again.

Gerard and Katelyn.

Kissing.

Again.

That hurt. Really really badly.

I turned around, tears very quickly filling my eyes, I walked to the bathroom doing my best to hold in my tears. I couldn't cry now, especially not here. Fuck, this wasn't good.