CHAPTER -23

Jungkook sighed heavily while putting his phone back. Sensing his distress, Minho asked, "What happened, Jungkook?"

Jungkook explains the situation, recounting the missed calls and urgent messages from his family.

After Jungkook finished, Minho chuckled lightly. "Your family sounds really worried about you, Jungkook. You shouldn't keep them waiting any longer. Let's get you home."

"Yah"Jungkook nodded in agreement.

Suddenly the elevator jerked to a sudden stop and the lights flickered, Jungkook's heart skipped a beat "What's happening?" he asked, his voice trembling.

"Looks like the lift might be stuck," Minho replied, his eyes scanning the panel for any signs of malfunction.

Jungkook's eyes widened in alarm at the thought of being trapped in the elevator

"I don't like it " Jungkook said panicked.

Minho was trying to open the door but he turned to Jungkook hearing him and  rushed to him. "Hey, Jungkook, it's going to be okay. Take deep breaths," he said gently, placing a comforting hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook tried to steady his breathing, but couldn't. "I feel so... suffocated," He managed to choke out, his voice trembling with fear. "It's hard to breathe in here."

"I know, Jungkook. Just focus on breathing slowly and deeply. We'll get through this together," He reassured.

Jungkook's breathing became more labored, and sweat dripped down his forehead. Despite his efforts,his eyes started to droop, and before he knew it, he lost consciousness, falling limp against Minho.

Minho reacted quickly, catching Jungkook before he could collapse completely. He held Jungkook close, carefully supporting his weight to prevent both of them from falling. With Jungkook unconscious in his arms, Minho carefully lowered them to the floor of the elevator.

Gently shaking Jungkook, Minho tried to rouse him. "Jungkook, wake up.... Jungkook" but he remained unresponsive.

Tears welled up in Minho's eyes as he gently patted Jungkook's cheek, his voice choked with emotion.

"Jungkook-ah, please... wake up for me,"

But Jungkook remained unconscious, his body limp in Minho's arms, and no amount of pleading or shaking could bring him back to consciousness.

Feeling helpless and scared, Minho held onto Jungkook tightly and screamed "Is anyone out there? We need help! Open the elevator!"

The elevator suddenly started to move, Minho held onto Jungkook tightly, his heart racing with relief and hope.

Finally, the elevator doors opened on the ground floor, revealing a crowd of concerned onlookers and staff members. Minho carefully lifted Jungkook into his arms, stepping out of the elevator as he was greeted by worried faces.

Seeing Jungkook unconscious in Minho's arms, the staff and bystanders quickly sprang into action, informing Minho that an ambulance had arrived and urging him to take Jungkook to the hospital.

Minho nodded, his voice filled with urgency as he pleaded, "Please"

Jungkook found himself in a dimly lit room, the flickering lights adding to his confusion. Before he could react, someone grabbed him, causing him to stumble and fall to the ground.

Jungkook struggled against the restraints that bound his legs and arms, his heart pounding with fear. He cried out for help, but his pleas were met with  whispers and chilling laughter from unseen figures in the darkness.