CHAPTER -28

Eight-year-old Jungkook walked hand in hand with his elder sisters, Jisoo and Jennie, a pout on his lips. He was sandwiched between them. He was a little upset, despite getting what he wanted – a trip to the park without any guards.

"Why are you pouting, Kooki?" Jennie asked, noticing his expression.

Jungkook sighed softly. "I wanted all of our family together, but Mom, Dad, Lisa Noona, and Rose Noona aren't here," He explained sadly.

"They'll be here soon, Kooki," Jisoo reassured him, squeezing his hand gently.

"Fine," Jungkook replied, his sadness evident.

To lift his spirits, Jennie handed him a ball. "Let's play while we wait for them." She suggested with a smile.

Jungkook's face brightened, a smile spreading across his lips as he eagerly accepted the ball. Together, they started to play.

Jisoo threw the ball high, and Jungkook couldn't catch it; instead, it rolled away."I'll get it!" Jungkook said and chased after the ball as it rolled toward a man's legs. The man picked up the ball, and Jungkook approached him politely, saying, "Ajusshi, that's my ball. Can I have it back, please?"

The man smiled warmly, kneeling down to Jungkook's level and handing him the ball. "Of course, I saw it," He replied kindly.

"What's your name little one ?" The man asked and Jungkook shyly responded, "My name is Jungkook."

"Such a sweet name," The man remarked with a smirk, patting Jungkook's head.

Suddenly, the man grabbed Jungkook and covered his mouth, as the ball slipped from his grasp, startling Jisoo and Jennie. 

They tried to stop him, "Stop!" They cried, chasing after them, but it was too late. A car pulled up, and before they could reach them, the man and Jungkook disappeared inside, leaving Jisoo and Jennie helpless.

Jungkook found himself in a basement, tied to a chair, tears streaming down his face as he pleaded, "Who are you? What do you want? Please, let me go! My mom, dad, and noonas must be looking for me. I miss them."

But his cries fell on deaf ears as one of the men slapped him hard across the face, the sting making Jungkook cry even harder. 

Before he could comprehend what was happening, another man delivered an even harsher blow, causing Jungkook to cry out in pain before everything faded to black, his small frame slumping unconscious in the chair.

"Hey, what did you do?" the kidnapper asked the person who had slapped him.

"The boss said we should teach him a lesson. That's what I'm doing." 

"Fine,". They threw water on Jungkook, waking him up. Confused and scared, he started to cry, but the kidnapper pinched his mouth shut, threatening to hit him if he didn't stop.

Jungkook cried harder as the other man began to hit him with a cane. "Stop it, stop! It hurts! Mom, dad, noona, please help!" he cried out in pain and fear.

But his cries only seemed to encourage the men. Eventually, Jungkook bit his lip to stop himself from crying, knowing that it would only make things worse. As he fell silent, the men stopped hitting him, warning him to stay quiet or face more punishment.

They treated Jungkook terribly, even though he was just a small eight-year-old boy. If he tried to speak, they shut him up with harsh words or by hitting him. They barely gave him enough food and water, just once a day. They didn't care that he was so young and helpless; they were still cruel to him.