Chapter two

I hid in my room for the rest of the day. The voices had stopped, but my head was still pounding. I thought about telling my mum and dad about what happened, but I didn't want to worry them or for them to believe that their daughter was going crazy. Blue stayed with me the whole time, watching over me like he was waiting for something to happen.

I laid in bed, finally drifting off to sleep when I woke up. I looked around the room. Everything was dark. I looked at the time. I'd been asleep all day and half the night. I didn't feel the normal heaving feeling at the end of my bed where Blue slept, so I got up and looked for him. It isn't like him to go anywhere without me. Creeping through the house, all the lights were out. I made my way to the back door. I thought that's where he'd be outside doing his business. As I got to the door, voices started to come into my head. "not again," I muttered to myself.

Opening the door, I saw Blue sitting near the back fence. It looked like he was looking at something. I stood there, taking it in. I couldn't shut the voices out. It was two of them, and it was like they were having a conversation with each other.

"It's happening. She's becoming too strong, and the spell is wearing off," the male voice said.

"We can't let this happen. If anyone finds out who she is, they will kill her," a lady's voice replied.

"That's the least of our worries right now. I can protect her until you work out how to fix the spell and make it stronger, but I don't know how I'll keep her away from the wolf that came into the diner today. Their bond was so strong that even I could feel it."

"leave the wolf to me."

I took a step closer. Blue had to be out there listening to people talk. The voices couldn't be in my head. Any normal person wouldn't have walked towards it, but I'm a nosey person and needed to find out what was going on. As I slowly stepped closer, I stood on a twig, making a loud cracking noise, making Blue turn to look at me.

"shit get out of here before she sees you," the male voice said.

"keep her safe, or it will cost you your life."

Blue came rushing over to me, acting like he hadn't been over there staring at anything. I bent down, patting him on the head. "what were you looking at, boy?" I said to him like I expected him to answer. I stood up, looking around. The cold night air made me wrap my arms around myself to try and keep warm. The night was still millions of stars signing bright. The feeling of someone watching me came over me, making me uneasy. "come on, blue, it's too cold out here," I turned, heading back inside, taking one last look into the dark before closing and locking the door behind me.

I didn't sleep much after that. I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was out there watching me. Blue sat there all night with his head resting on my stomach, never once taking his eyes off me. I had to be going crazy hearing voices, thinking that people were watching me. There is no other explanation for it.

In the morning, I got up before everyone else, getting ready for work and leaving. I thought I better get there early to try and make up for yesterday since I did leave without telling anyone. I was the first one there, so I stood out the back, waiting for someone with a key to show up and let me in. Dave's car pulled into his regular car park beside the bins. I held my breath, waiting for him to come over to him, knowing that he wouldn't be happy about my behaviour yesterday and there was a high chance he was going to make me work a double, and if I wanted to keep my job, then I will have no choice but to do it.

He made his way over to me. He had a smile on his face, but not a happy smile. It was more of an excited smile that made me feel uneasy. He looked like he was up to no good. Without a word, he grabbed me by the shoulders, pushing me into the door and pressing his body against mine. His face was inches away from mine. I turned my head to try and move it away from him. The look in his eyes told me that he was going to do something terrible to me. I tried to push him away from me, but he was much bigger and stronger than me. I could feel his member getting hard against my leg. I started to panic as I realised what he was thinking." I told you if you messaged up, I was going to punish you", he whispered into my ear. Blue growled, going at him to bite him. He kicked Blue, sending him flying at least a meter.