Chapter  thirteen

After an hour of talking to them and trying to convince them that I was okay, I decided to go for a walk. It was right on dark. They tried to stop me from going; I made it clear that I was okay and I just needed space.

The night was cold, but the moon was full and bright in the sky. I loved the feeling of the moonlight beaming down on me. I walked along the streets until I reached the edge of the woods. I stood there staring into them. It was like they were calling for me to go in there. I took a step closer. Blue growled, stepping in front of me and trying to stop me.

"It's okay, I'll be fine", I assured him.

I took another step, and a voice came flashing into my head. "Don't do it, little princess" I stopped looking around, making sure that there was no one around and that the voice was in my head. When I couldn't see anyone, I took another step forward. A hand wrapped itself around my wrist, pulling me back. I screamed, spinning around to see who was holding on to. My eyes looked onto Brax.

"you should never go into the woods alone", his voice was firm.

I pulled my arm out of his grip. "what are you doing here? Are you following me?"

"no, I was running when I saw you walking this way, and I had to stop. I would hate for you to get hurt."

I studied his face, trying to determine whether he was telling the truth. He had no expression, making it hard for me to work it out. When I couldn't tell, I decided that I just wanted to get away from him. I went to walk past him, but he grabbed me, pulling me back to him. "let me walk you home so I know you're safe."

I pulled my arm away from him aggressively. "don't touch me, and just leave me alone."

"Trust me, I would if I could", he whispered so quietly, like he didn't want me to hear it.

An image of me flashed through my head, but I couldn't grasp it fast enough to see what it was. I walked towards him, rage taking over my body. I pushed him, hardly making him move. "who are you, and why do I get this feeling when I'm around you that I know you?"

He stood there staring down at me, not saying a word. his eyes left me, looking over into the woods like he had just heard something and a worried look came to his face. He grabbed my arm and started pulling me down the street.

"STOPP!" I yelled, using all my strength to pull away from him. "I'm not going anywhere with you, and you can't make me."

He reached for my arm again, but I dodged him.

"your not safe out here, Blair"

"I'm not safe with you!"

Those words cut into him so much that I felt his pain, but I couldn't let him know that, so I went on. "I'm not safe with you because whenever I'm around you, I feel like I should know you, but I don't. I'm not safe around you because you mess with my head, and I don't know how you do it" I stopped for a second before looking down at the ground and whispering softly ", And when I'm around you, the feeling that I'm forgetting something goes away."

Before I knew it, he pulled me into him, pressing our bodies together, wrapping his hands in my hair, and forcing our lips together. It was like fireworks went off around me. I started kissing him back, but then all the images ran through my head. I managed to grab onto one. It was him and me sitting in my garden back at home. His forehead rested against mine, and he whispered. "I'll love you till my heart stops beating, my pretty little werewolf princess."

I pulled away from him, my chest becoming tight, tears falling from my eyes. "I remember," I cried. I slowly start backing away. I couldn't get any air. I hunch over, trying to suck air in. "oh god, I remember."

"Blair, it's okay. Calm down", he steps towards me.

"get away from me", memories come flooding back through my head, feeling in all the blanks I had been missing. It was all too much. "you did this to me."

"you wanted me to do this. You wanted to forget."

It felt like my heart was breaking into a million pieces. I let out a scream of pain. I could see that Brax felt my pain, too. "it hurts. Make it stop, please", I begged. I focused my eyes on Brax. I could see that he was feeling my pain almost crippling him. "you did this to me."

"Please, Blair, I only did what you asked", his voice broke as he tried to fight to throw the pain he was in.

I felt a surge of energy go through me, the pain leaving my body a wave of what I can only guess was my pain, leaving me to hit Brax, knocking him to the ground. Something inside of me changed. I started to feel this darkness growing inside me, taking over every inch of my body. I stood tall, walking over to him. "all you had to do was stay away from me."

He was quivering on the ground like a hurt puppy. "I love you, my pretty little werewolf princess," he managed to get out.

I stared down at him with so much hate for him, blaming him for everything. "I will never love you," and like that, the last little bit of good I had in me disappeared. I turned, leaving him lying on the ground as he shook and cried out in pain, but I felt nothing for him.

Walking into my apartment, I was met with worrying eyes from my family. Kelly and Nick were also there.

"Get out," I said as I pointed to the door.

"Blair", my dad stepped forward to grab my arm. I moved away from him, staring at him like he was nothing to me.

"I said get out" The room began to shake. They all stood there staring at me, their faces filled with fear. They all slowly left the room, leaving me alone. I felt amazing with all this power running through me like nothing could ever touch me.