Chapter fourteen

Brax

I laid there watching her walk away, not being able to do anything because of the pain I was in I have never felt anything like it before. Not even the first time i shifted into a wolf. Every inch of my body screamed in pain. I felt our bond break. I have no idea why, though, and this pain was nothing like the pain I felt when I broke my bond with my first mate.

Once she was gone, I struggled to my feet, knowing that I had to get to her. Something horrible was happening to her, and even though our bond was broken, I still love her with every part of me, and I was scared that I could lose her forever. All the power she has courseing through her body now is enough to kill the strongest monsters.

I mind-linked Nick to see if she had gone home. He got back to me immediately, telling me what was happening there. I shifted into my wolf and let it take over to get me there faster. The ground was shaking i knew that she was going it. I knew the energy that she was sending out would draw monsters from all over straight to her, and if she didn't kill herself, then one of them would have to beat them there.

Getting to the front door, I shifted back into myself. Nick met me outside with clothes.

"I have never felt or seen anything like it. The energy coming from her makes it hard for me to control my wolf. Kelly has had to lock herself away as she fears she is not strong enough to fit this" Nick's voice was filled with worry.

I ignored mine, heading upstairs. All I could think of was going to my mate; whether our bond was broken or not, I had to help her. I was met at her door by her family. Jack's eyes narrowed at me, and he lunged at me angrily.

"what the fuck did you do?" he spat.

I had to hold myself together here. I could feel my wolf flickering, trying to gain control, and if I let that happen, I would end up killing him. "move", I growled at him. Pushing through him and opening the door.

Blair was sitting cross-legged on the ground, things flying around her. Her eyes completely blackened over veins pulsing from her four head and neck. I wanted to rush to her and hold her, but I had to think first; I had to control myself. I closed the door and turned back to her family. "She has rejected her wolf. I believe the pain she felt, remembering, unleashed something inside her, some evil that she has no control over."

"Can you help her?" her father asked me. I could tell he was close to breaking.

"only if she has killed her wolf inside her. She has already broken our bond, and I fear I might be too late to save her" My vice broke as I spoke. The thought of losing her and it being my fault was enough to kill me. I had to be strong here; I had to do whatever it took to save her, even if it meant giving my own life.

"I have read about something like this before", her mother spoke. "Her great-grandmother nearly destroyed the world millions of years ago because a wolf killed her soulmate. The power she drew was too much, though, and it ended up killing her."

Running my hands through my hair, I let out an angry growl, punching at the wall in front of me.

"you say you love her, then hold it the fuck together and save my sister", Jack spat at me.

I raked my brain, trying to think of what I could do. When nothing came to mind, I took a deep breath, returned to the door, went inside, and closed it behind me. My wolf flickered, threatening to show itself. I frought keeping it in me.

"Blair", I called to her.

"GET OUT!" she screamed, sending me flying backwards. I struggled to my feet, pushing myself through the energy that was pulsing through her body.

"Blair, you don't want to do this. You are stronger than your demons" I got to her, putting my hand on hers for a second I saw her eyes flash blue again, telling me she was still in there. "I'm sorry that I couldn't stay away from you."

I moved my hands up, cupping her face, and electricity bolted through my body. I held her tighter. "please, Luna, come back" Tears started running down my face. I could feel her wolf dying inside her. I knew that I was losing her. My heart felt like it was being ripped out of my chest. Even with her breaking our bond, I still felt for her.

The building began to shake more, more energy being drawn into her tiny body. At any minute, I knew it would kill her. Yer wolf fought inside of her, trying to protect her. Mine kept flashing. I wasn't sure whether it wanted to come out to try to save her or because it could feel the energy she was drawing. Pulling onto her, I pulled her face to mine, pressing our lips together. If I couldn't save her, I then wanted our last moments to be with her lips on him. Electric shocks pulsed through me, trying to push me away. I fought against them. My love for her was stronger than anything else in this world.
Her hands came up, gripping onto mine, and I started to feel her kissing me back. A loud bang went off, and then everything went quiet. I kept losing her, willing my love for her to be enough, too. I felt her relax into me.

"For fuck sake", I heard jacks voice come from behind me. " I still don't approve of this."

I pulled my face away from her, seeing her big blue eyes staring back at me, filled with worry and sadness. I pulled her into me, holding her tight, placing a kiss on the top of her head, burying my face into her hair, and letting her scent fill my nostrils.

"You saved me", she whispered sadly into my chest.