6

Communication

A week before their departure for the world tour, Nari and Minho found themselves back at the store they once spent their first hang-out. They had their usual. They occupied themselves with ice creams and snacks that the store provided.

"I was scouted by SM." She admitted, referring to the several hundred business cards she received from scouting managers from several different companies. Including the big three. She showed the business cards she was handed.

She was an enigma to most. They knew her face, her voice, and her talents but not her. They knew she was one of Bang Sihyuk's greatest gem at Bighit. One of his brightest stars in the company. They knew her from the way her name was constantly getting linked to the most popular songs. They knew her from the way her name was constantly getting talked upon by employees as well.

"I passed at JYP." Minho also admitted. Nari was no longer surprised. JYP fit Minho the most. They had the performance style that Minho wanted. It was the company perfect for him. JYP is known for their dances. From got7 to twice. And Nari knows Minho would want his group to be recognized as one as well.

"I guess this means we'll have to leave Bighit, right?" Nari asked. Her words were bittersweet. All her life, she thought all she wanted was to be a producer for idols and not be an idol herself. However, life became unpredictable for her, and she found herself leaning towards becoming an idol.

"It means we'll have to leave Bighit." Minho confirmed. Minho had always wanted to be an idol, and this seems a step closer to achieving his dream. Nari is happy for him. He was finally achieving the dreams he once deemed were impossible.

"When? When should we leave?" Nari asked. She entered the building with him. It felt only right that they leave together. Of course, their decision might make most sad, but it had to happen. People can't stay in one place. They must leave the comfort of their own space and explore for them to grow. And that is a risk that Nari is willing to take.

"I already told the hyungs. I'll be leaving after the tour. These are my last stages with them. What about you?" He asked.

Nari thought about Yeonjun and the other trainees "I'll make a song for Yeonjun and his team first before leaving. It's only right. I'll finish it during your tour." She smiled. The boy and his team managed to get close to her in the span of the time they spent together in the building.

"Shall we?" Minho asked. He stood up, cleaning up their mess and sanitizing his hands before he offered them to Nari.

"Huh?" Nari was confused. What did he mean by 'shall we'? She did not know but she still took his hand and stood up.

"Well, you're not about to have someone else create a dance demo for your song demo, aren't you?" He asked. His tone was filled with teasing, but Nari knows there was no heat behind it. She laughed, something she found herself doing often the moment she met Minho.

Nari chuckled, tension leaving her shoulders. "Then let's go."

They spent the last few days making on an album for the kids. Nari told Bang-PD about her plans, saying that it is her farewell gift for them. Bang-PD smiled and gave her permission. He was a bit sad of their plans, but he understood. He wished them good luck and gave them his support for their future endeavors.

"It's time." Minho said, showing Nari his resignation letter. Nari was already prepared for the situation, but she still felt a rush of emotions as she saw the white envelope. 

They entered Bighit together and now they were about to leave together. Bighit was both their starting points. The point in which everything soon made sense. It was the place where they met each other. The place where they found each other.

Nari left as SM's trainee.

Minho left as JYP's trainee.

"We're bound to lose communication one way or the other." Nari, always the smart one, said.

Minho smiled bitterly. "Yeah, I heard that JYP sometimes forbids the use of phone."

They spent time at their favorite practice room for the last time.

"Tell me about your audition experience."

"You'll fall asleep again." Minho rolled his eyes.

"I like your voice, Lino. I can't help that it's so beautiful that you merely talking sounds like lullaby to my ears."

Nari was not joking. Every time Minho tells a story, she found herself drifting off due to his calm voice. Minho sighed. A smile was formed at Nari's face when Minho began speaking.

"I auditioned with the song..."

***

"I am not calling you sunbae!"

Nari retorted at her brother.

Sungjae was having the time of his life, teasing the daylights out of Nari. He was enjoying the fact that he will become his sister's senior.

"I am your sunbae."

"It just means you're old."

Nari rolled her eyes making Sunjae gasp out, offended. He turned towards their parents who had an amused face.

***

"Why are we still here. We literally resigned." Nari asked, confused as to why on Earth were they still at the company.

"It will still take a few days to process, Nari." Minho answered patiently.

Nari had an idea. If their days left at the building were limited, might as well do something memorable and not just stray around.

"Let's dance." She offered. "Can I record it? For memories." She smiled.

"What song?" Minho asked.

Nari remembered the viral Lisa dance. "Can we create a choreography for Swalla?" She asked.

Minho pondered. "That song is..." He trailed enough.

"Scared, Lino?"

"You wish, Nari."

And that is how Nari almost regretted her own wish. Every step, every contact, every eye contact had her stomach twisted. The dance was provocative and powerful at the same time. It showed Minho's skills and Nari's as well.

Nari had to stop her beating heart. Not now, not when they're about to part ways, not when they're about to leave. Despite denying her feelings for a year, she can't afford to have those feelings grow and develop into something more.

She can't fall in love.

She can't fall in love with Minho.

And that's what she did, leaving the company, she left her feelings. She left all of the feeling she felt for the man as she stepped foot into the unfamiliar building in which where she will shape herself to be one of best idols the industry will have.

Not knowing those feelings will linger for a lot longer than she had expected.

a/n: Nari is in love! Sadly, they have to part ways. Right person wrong time? 

Straykids is on the way, as well as Nari's group. 

Do you think they'll lose contact of each other?