16

Kingdom

They turned their heads and saw the others. They greeted each other. They exchanged conversations before Bangchan suddenly got serious. He brought out a paper and Nari got a glimpse of Chaeryoung's name.

"We need to finalize our list of honorariums." Chan said.

Changbin and Han sat next to Areum. Han was looking at her with his doe eyes, trying to convey a message. She knew what he was doing. She sighed as she looked at Chan.

"I say let's have the aces of kpop work together, right? Give me that paper."

Han and Nari were a popular duo, ever before they debuted. It was something inevitable as they had a lot of similarities.

Changbin and Han exchanged high-fives with each other. "What about the prince and princess of Versace?" Hyunjin complained.

"That too." Nari chuckled.

"Hey! What about us?"

"Don't you want us?"

They turned their heads towards the Bangtan members who were sulking for not being invited. Chan's eyes nearly escaped his eyesocket. He was surprised that a group as big as BTS would want to work with them.

"Y-you want to join us?" Chan couldn't help but stutter in surprise.

"Of course. Call us anytime. Maybe the final for the surprise?" Namjoon smiled, showing his dimples.

Nari suddenly started laughing. "I'm fighting against my brother. This will be fun."

Nari was on her way home when Minho called her name. She turned around in surprise, not expecting him to call her. They were alone, in the same position as they were when they left. In different times, in different locations, but with the same hearts.

The hallway was silent, yet the way their hearts beated in the same rhythm nearly made them deaf. It was too loud yet too silent for them to listen to the beats of their heart.

"Yes sunbae?" Nari answered.

This time, she saw how his smile dropped. She saw the glimmer in his eyes dulled as she looked at him as nothing but a sunbae. Not as a friend, not as a soulmate. 

"It hurts me every time you call me sunbae and not Lino."

Nari's eyes widened. She was about to reply something when Minho cut her off.

"Ice cream?"

So that's how it became. The moon above the sky in its full glory, the harsh cold breeze of the wind, and yet they were inside Hybe's convenience store, eating their favorite ice cream.

It was an automatic store, meaning, there were no staffs. They were alone, once again. Silence engulfed them as nobody broke it.

"You know, it has been so long." Minho initiated the convo.

"I know. Three years?"

"Three years."

A comfortable silence engulfed them.