13

Glimpse

"Sung, you should focus on your love life that's falling apart." Nari rolled her eyes, turning around and seeing that it was indeed her brother standing behind her. He stood in his glory, wearing a suit and staring the younger idols down, intimidating them.

BTOB is a much, much older group than them. They were their seniors from the 2nd generation. They were now in the 4th generation and their reaction was understandable. Nari would understand it even more if the other BTOB members were present, but it was only her brother and no one else.

"Mom wants us to go home even for a while. Christmas dinner, she said." Sungjae said, ignoring what Nari said. He stood up straight, facing the boys once more. "Again, is anybody dating my sister?"

Nari couldn't help it before she pinched his sides. "Joy-unnie and I have the same company. One more word and I'm telling her the moment when you crashed Grandpa's truck at eight years old and nearly drowned it at Grandma's pond-"

Sungjae quickly covered her mouth, looking around to see if Red Velvet is near. He let out a deep breath of relief seeing as they weren't. It was as if Red Velvet was a threat in the first place.  

"Try me." Nari said in a scarily low voice. Sungjae raised his hands up in defeat.

"You're scary." He pouted.

"Love you." She winked as Sungjae bid goodbye.

They were called back to each respective waiting rooms as the event was about to start. Nari could feel the temperature drop even lower as the fans began to fill the place. They purposely make the room colder as there are idols who keep dancing to make sure they won't sweat as much and ruin their make-up.

Nari, unfortunately, is someone who get easily cold. She sweats easily and gets cold easily. That is something she'll never understand about herself. Cuddling with Minnie on the couch, she smiled as the camera began filming them. It was for their YouTube channel for the behind the scenes.

"Why do we see the two of you cuddling again?" Miyeon teased.

"Cold." Nari answered and snuggled closer to her unnie.

2016 Nari would never believe the sight right now. Nari cuddling someone and having four unnies whom she adores was something 2016 her did not imagine her having. Heck, being an idol itself was something she thought she will never do.

Being the maknae made her experience a lot of changes. She was used being the one taking care of someone and when the universe gave her four unnies that would take care of her, it was a drastic change.

As soon as the camera was shut off, they went back to their phones. Stylists randomly fixing their hair and make-up wasn't new to them. Nari could still focus on her phone whilst someone was fixing her mascara and hair at the same time.

"Minari fans are going to have a field day at this." Sana chuckled, remembering the clip they got of the two cuddling.

They weren't a stranger to the ships and the edits, even the fanfictions. Nari was a fangirl before she debuted. She knows how a fandom works. The inside and outside of it.

She used this knowledge to her full advantage. Fan arts were her favorite. She tells stylists to style them according to a fan art she saw or dye their hair according to the drawing. Of course, in response, the fans would go crazy and break the internet.

Fan service was another thing. She knew what the fans liked the most among them. Whether it be Miyeon dressed up as a princess or Nari dressed up sexily.

"Prepare girls." Their manager said as she entered the room with snacks for them.

"Let's go!" Sana cheered.

As soon as they went back, the place was now drastically different. Lights were lit up in different places and directions, music was blasting everywhere, and dancers running around hastily. It was as if the place was never meant to be empty in the first place.

Fans have now filled up the place as well. Different fandoms are also present. Lightsticks of different colors decorated the dark areas of the place.

Nari squinted her eyes to look for her fansite. She smiled as she finally found them. She posed a few poses and thanked them for coming. It was a small gesture, but it was something the fansites appreciated the most.

She sat up properly as the event properly began. She has to be very careful with every move now. Cameras are now filming each and every move she makes. Mistakes were not something she can afford to make.

"Are you cold?" Dahyun asked worriedly. Nari was now slightly trembling. The only parts that were covered with real and actual clothes were her chest and a bit of her bottom.

She had no sleeves and the rest of her pants- can it still be considered pants when technically it was just shorts?- were fishnets.

Yes, she was incredibly cold.

"I'm okay." Nari smiled and focused her attention at BTS who just began performing.

She watched them in awe. She has been with them even before Bighit became Hybe. Before Hybe bought several companies. Before they rose to fame. It was incredibly sentimental seeing their fans fill more than have of the population in the room, Nari, including.

Before she can bask in the glory of watching them, she was called to prepare for their performance.

Picking up her water, she stood up. As she was about to walk, she accidentally dropped it.

"Unnie wait!"

Nari had to hurry before her members lose her in the crowd. She failed to realize who helped her pick the water bottle up.

She failed to see how it was a certain man she has been looking for, for years. She failed to see how the man looked at her with teary eyes, seemingly frozen on the spot. He couldn't move, it seems as if his eyes focused completely on her.

"Thank you, sunbaenim." Nari bowed without even looking at the person's eyes.

Nari quickly picked up her pace and began to ran towards her members who were already near the backstage. There, she practiced her solo dance performance for the last time, making sure she remembers everything to avoid making a mistake.

"What took you so long?" Miyeon asked.

"My water fell." Nari said sheepishly. The members nodded understandably. Nari had always been the one to drink the most amount of water amongst them. She gets dehydrated easily which makes the members worry if she doesn't have a bottle of water with her.

Meanwhile, the man was still standing, staring at the direction where she left.

"It's me... Lino."

He whispered from the horizon. Wishing that amidst the loud chaos, she still searches for his calm voice.

a/n: ;)