7

Apart

Just as Nari has expected, SM restricted the use of their phone. She was still able to use it but only after their training hours. Which was usually during late at night already when her social battery is low after dancing and singing for a long time. They were told to surrender their phones as soon as they start training, and they could only have it back once they're finished.

"Can you sing?" The trainer, Dani, asked. He was the trainer assigned to their batch of trainees. Yes, there was a different trainer for every batch seeing as SM has a lot of trainees. Nari has been there for a week, and she is yet to find her own group of friends. It was obvious that all of them were new to this seeing as they are timid and shy too as of the moment.

"Yes." Nari admitted. Minho's supervision and the compliments she received for her singing voice during the entirety of her producing career helped her build up a confidence to admit her singing abilities. Even Bangtan themselves complimented her and gave her advice and that's saying something.

"I am sure you are aware of the standards that the industry sees of SM idols, right? Singing." Dani explained in which Nari nodded. Of course, she is already aware of this. SM is known for having idols that were never scared of live performances or inkigayo encores. They are popular for having amazing vocalists to the point that even their main rappers can pass as main vocalists on other companies.

She chose SM out of all companies because for her, it is the most suitable for her. Not too many comebacks, not too little comebacks, just enough. She would have gone to Bighit if it weren't for the fact that they don't really have female trainees. They were only currently accepting male trainees.

"Can you dance?"

"Yes." Nari admitted once more. Every single time she answers a question, a certain boy pops up inside her head. After being so attached to him, it was difficult meddling with new people.

"What about rap?"

"I can do it." Yoongi himself complimented her, who was she to think that he's a liar? Besides, a little flaunting of her own talents wouldn't hurt anyone. If there's one thing her brother taught her, that is to never shy away from her own talents and capabilities. Showcasing her abilities can help her debut faster and not struggle as much.

"And you can produce songs, right?" Dani asked as he flipped the pages of her first week evaluation. They were given a week to showcase all of their abilities for a week before they begin with the actual training. Nari did not hesitate before using her skills to her advantage. She was scared and nervous for her first evaluation and fortunately, it ended well.

"How many instruments can you play?"

Nari's eyes drifted towards the instruments displayed at the back of the room. There were guitars of different kinds. Electric, bass, and acoustic. There were also violins, drums, and pianos.

"I can play all of those." She pointed towards it. The trainor's eyes widened for a bit before he nodded.

Another trainer, Luka, he was half American, soon appeared next to Dani. "She reminds of that one JYP trainee named Han." Nari heard him mutter.

"Han Jisung? Yeah, they are similar." Dani replied back. He turned towards Nari once more. "How many languages can you speak?" He asked.