Part 7

"So who are you inviting to this party?"

"Well.. there'll be Kate, Jake and Tina.."

"Oh how lovely! It'll be nice to see them.." we hear my mom's voice from the other side of the kitchen, as me and my dad are sat down to eat together.

"It will, I miss them so much.."

"And they're staying where?" My dad asks.

"I think they've managed to get a place booked just 10 minutes from here.."

"You know they could always stay here, we've got plenty of bedrooms spare.."

"No.." I shake my head.. "As much as I'd love them too, I still want my own privacy.."

"That's reasonable I suppose.. well I'm looking forward to seeing them.." my dad smiles at me, and I really hate what I'm about to say but I have to know..

"And uh.. who have you invited? Will Robert..be joining us?"

"Yes! Yes.. I believe so.. if he can get finished in time.."

"Finished in time?" I question.

"Yeah.. he's got a conference call apparently.. nothing to do with me though so.." he raises his hands up.. "I'll let him carry on.."

"You don't know who it's with?"

"Haven't a clue darling.. all he told me was it was important.. and he would attend if he got it finished in time.."

"Weird.. having something like that happen on a Saturday.. is it not?"

"Very.. especially as it's nothing to do with the business.. I guess it's more personal otherwise I would know about it.."

This had me curious as to what Robert was up to, I quickly pull out my phone and drop him a text..

hey hope to see you at the party on a Saturday

Annoyingly, it takes Robert about 2 hours to read, and respond to that message, which I don't get until the following morning when I wake up. My phone was left on silent all night so I didn't get the notification.

I'm hoping to be there, yes

It's a very simple answer, and he's not really giving much away is he? So I leave it at that.. and I don't see him for a few days, he didn't get in touch, so I didn't want to bother him, knowing dad is really busy with work, I assumed he would be too.. and it's not long until the party day arrives, the house is soon full of guests, many people who work with my dad, my moms friends, and some who.. well I don't even know why or what they're here for.. but I have my friends here, and that right now is all that matters to me.

Right now, my friends and I are by the pool, of course we're having a barbecue in the sun, it would be rude not to make use of the pool. Kate and I sit on the edge whilst Tina and Jake are in the water..but they don't move too far away so we can still keep a conversation going..

"This place is pretty incredible..I mean look at that view.. it's insane.. all I get is building after building.."

"Yeah it is.. I do love it.. just wish you guys were here with us too.."