Part 31

"I promise you.. I never slept with her.. I didn't do anything with her.. I swear.." He looks me deep in my eyes, lifting his hand to wipe away a tear that has fallen down on my cheek..

"I know.. I believe you Robert.."

"Really? Because.. that back there it was.. a little crazy.."

"I don't normally react like that.. she's just been in my head all night and when she said you fucked her in my house.. that one was too much.."

"She was drunk, she probably won't remember any of it in the morning.. besides.. it was one hell of a slap.." his face turns from concerning to a little amused.. softly stroking my cheek with his thumb.. "I didn't know you had that in you.."

"Like I said.. I don't normally.. that isn't me.. she's just had this coming for a while I guess.."

"Oh.. that's sort of friend huh.. well seeing how she behaved tonight, I don't blame you for reacting that way.."

"Really?" I question, my brow pressing together as I shift my head a little.. "I thought you were annoyed with me.."

"What made you think that?"

"Well.. you.. just walked away..I felt like you didn't wanna talk to me.. that's why I came out here.."

"Nonsense.." he lets out a sigh before he's takes a step behind me, I'm confused at first as to what he's doing until I feel his arm wrapping around my waist, and then his head resting on my shoulder.. as we look out over the balcony to the city below us.. the night sky is clear, it's perfect. I lift my hands to his that's wrapped around me, holding me close.. he holds me for a moment or so before leaning into me, whispering softly in my ear.. "Pick a star.."

"What? Why?"

"Just pick one.." he urges me as he is looking up to the sky.. "Any star.."

"Um.. okay.." I agree, before I glance up, there's only a few to choose from that are visible.. so I go with a one to our right.. "That one.. I think.."

"Disney fan are you?" He laughs a little at my choice.

"Um.. maybe.."

"Second star to the right.." he places a kiss to my cheek.. "That's our star.. whenever you need a reminder, just look up when it's a clear sky.. and you'll see it.."

"Robert.." I whisper, and yes I admit I tear up a little.. "That's so cute.."

"I try to be.." he places another kiss to my cheek before resting his chin on my shoulder again.. "I just want you to know how much this means to me.."

"I know.." I gently run my hand across the top of his.. "I'm really sorry for the way I acted.."

"Hey.." he hushes me.. turning me around in his arms.. "We're going to forget it ever happened.. we have a few days of it just being us, in this wonderful city.. let's make some memories.. and then we can go back home.. yeah?"

"Mhm.." I nod.. "That sounds great.."

"Good.." he smiles at me, leaning to give me a kiss.. "Now come on, why don't we go back inside.. yeah?" He takes my hand and leads me back into the hotel bedroom.. surprisingly he doesn't take me to bed, instead he leads me into the bathroom.. and again rather confused at what he's doing.