Part 10

I find myself waiting excitedly for Tuesday to arrive. My bags are packed, ready to go. I still can't believe it's happening. I'm going to spend time away with Robert and my parents are fully aware of it.. granted they don't know the full story behind his reasoning to offering me the personal assistant job but who the fuck cares.. we don't have to hide anymore.. or as much.. should I say. We can always have our work as an excuse to be together.. as long as we don't get caught messing around together.. it'll all be fine.

Robert texts me to meet him at his house for 1:30pm.. I grab something for lunch just before I leave, my parents actually stayed to say goodbye. It's weird.. that they think Robert is just going to be my boss, and I'm going to be his assistant.. but.. to me.. it's a whole lot more than that..

"Will you call us when you arrive?" My mom asks.. as she gives me a hug before I leave.

"Of course, but I'm pretty sure you're going to be tracking our flight anyway.."

"You know me so well.. I can't help it.."

"I know.. I'm just messing.." I smile at her.. "I'm really excited for this.."

"It's a great opportunity.. just make sure Robert doesn't work you too hard otherwise we'll have to have words.." my dad tells me.

"I'm sure he won't.." I grin.. and then give them one last hug before I set off for Robert's house. I type in the key code when I arrive, and make my way up his driveway. When I walk through hallway, his bags are all packed, and Robert appears from the stairway..

"Oh hey!" He looks up as he's fastening his shirt up.. "I thought I'd heard you.. you're right on time.."

"Yeah.. uh.." I smile placing my bags down next to his.

"Don't worry about them, the driver will put them in the car when he arrives" he walks over to me, wrapping an arm around my waist.. "You ready to go?"

"Mhm.. you need to help me with what I need to do.." I look up at him.. placing my hands on his chest.. "I don't really know what I'm doing.."

"Don't worry.. consider this as a chance to learn the basics.. everything else I can help you.."

"Thank you, this means a lot you know.. that you're giving me this chance.."

"I know.. you'll do great.." he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear before giving me a kiss to the cheek, just as a beep is sounded from outside, alerting us that the car is here to pick us up.."Cars here.. let's go.."

He takes my hand in his, and walks us out to the car, it's not a long drive to the airport, but gives us enough time for him to tell me what the business trip is for, and what I'll need to do. It's nothing extraordinary, just a few meetings for him and a few emails for me to handle for him as a start.

"So when we get there, we'll have a night off, first meeting is tomorrow.."

"Ok.." I look over to him as he's clicking through his phone.. "So when you're in this meeting what do I do?"

"You'll be coming in with me..don't worry I'm not leaving you on your own sweetheart.."

"I just don't want to look like a fool.."

"You won't, just be yourself and they'll believe this was your job for a long time.." his hand drops down to my thigh, squeezing gently to reassure me.