Part 30

"Babe! There you are!"

I hear Robert calling over to me, my eyes widen when I meet his, and he doesn't take them off me, Tina's eyes follow his towards my direction, who's look suddenly turns a little sour..

"Robert..." I finally find the courage to talk over to them and confront them.. "What's going on?" I smile at them both.

"Nothing, she is just.. uh.. sorry but I don't even know your name.."

"Tina.." I say for her.. "This is Tina.." 

"Oh!" He looks surprised.. "As in your friend Tina?"

"Yes.. that's me.." she smirks, leaning a little closer to him, but I'm quick to notice how Robert immediately steps away from her.. "I was just wondering if he wanted to come and join me downstairs for a drink and maybe a little dance.."

I can't believe the nerve of her to say this in front of me.. like I'm not his girlfriend.. like she doesn't know that we are together. I would blame the alcohol but this one is way past that.. this is Tina.. being Tina. My jaw clenches tightly as she takes yet another step closer to him, her finger slowly playing with his shirt..

"What do you say? Wanna leave these losers behind and find out how a real girl fucks?" She openly says, and even Jake can't believe what he has just heard, the poor man nearly jokes on his drink.

"Excuse me?!" Robert is taken back with her choice of words.. "Sorry to disappoint you, but I think you've been given the wrong impression darling, I already know how a real girl fucks.." he tells her sincerely, whilst taking my hand.. pulling me into his side..

"Oh come on! You don't mean the great Sophia do you??" She drunkenly slurs.. trying to hold herself up by holding the wall.

"I'm glad you think so.." Robert agrees with her.. but not the way she would think.. "Soph is the greatest.."

"What?"

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Robert quickly asks Tina.. and she looks confused.. "I know what you were doing sweetheart.."

"I don't.." she tries, but Robert leaves go of my hand and takes a step closer to Tina.

"You think I didn't recognise you? I know you from Sophia's party.. I remembered you.. you were a friend of hers.."

"Mmm.. so you do remember me.. I knew you would.." she tries to play his words against him, glancing at me.. but he's not taking any of her shit.

"Oh yeah, I remember you, staring at me like I was food.. and I also remember you asking me if I wanted to disappear upstairs with you.." he glances toward me.. before looking straight back at Tina.. "I turned you down.. and now you really thought you could come here, and flirt with me, in front of my girlfriend.. in front of someone who is supposed to be your friend.." He laughs a little at her.. "Soph doesn't need friends like you.."

"Wait.. I.."she tries, and I actually feel a little bad the way he's going at her.. but I can't seem to stop him.. or that I want him to stop.

"No.. you know what, it was bad enough you trying to get me to fuck you back home at Soph's house.. and now you're trying to ruin our trip, her trip home.. a one that's supposed to be memorable to her.. you're not a friend.. you're a little whore.. who doesn't deserve anyone.."

"Robert.." I try, taking his hand in mine to try and pull him away.

"It's alright.. I'm done.. but she needed to hear some home truths.." he turns to me, squeezing my hand.. we both walk away from Tina and I can't bring myself to check if she's even okay. I don't know why I care... I think maybe the choice of words Robert used had me feeling very different. He leads us over to a quiet space, away from other people, where it can just be the two of us. Jake and Kate even give us some space for the two of us. I'm sure they're both giving Tina a piece of their own minds right now..