Part 9

After a while, I make my way back downstairs, still people are here, and to my relief, my parents are still outside so won't have any knowledge of what Robert and I just got up to.. I make my way out to the garden.. where my parents and a few of their friends still sit.. I sit down on a lounger.. beside my mom..

"Sophia.. I thought you'd gone to bed.."

"I did.. I guess I can't sleep.. thought I'd come back out and join you.. if that's ok.."

"Yeah.. of course it is.." my mom smiles at me.. "Have you seen Robert?" She soon asks and my heart drops into my stomach..

"What?"

"He mentioned earlier that he would talk to you about a job at their work that's come available, he was asking me about it earlier when you came over to join us.."

"Oh.." I act surprised.. "No.. he's never mentioned anything.. to be honest I haven't really seen him since a few hours ago.."

"Ah! You must catch up with him to talk about it,, it sounds really exciting.."

"What about dad.. you know I can't work with him.."

"It's fine, this role is more for Robert's side of the business, not your dads.. you probably won't have much to do with him.. probably only meetings and such.. I think it's perfect for you.. you could learn a lot from Robert.."

"I bet I could..I'll try and catch him tomorrow if he's around at some point.."

"I believe he's coming over for dinner.. so you will get the chance.."

"He is?" I frown.. "I guess I'll talk to him then.."

"Good, I really want you to give it a chance.."

"I will.. if he sells me well enough.." I smirk.. working with Robert won't be bad at all.. maybe I will take him up on the offer.. as long as it's not with my dad.. it'll be worth it. I let my mom get back to talking with her friend as I pull out my phone to send Robert a message..

you didn't tell me you were coming for dinner tomorrow..

It's not long before he opens it and is sending a reply back, I can't stop the smile forming on my face, he has a weird effect on me.. that I can't quite explain yet.

oh shit sorry, yeah... I am.. hope you don't mind? Invite from your mom.. insisting that I come over to talk to you about an offer I have.. is that ok?

am I going to like this offer of yours?

possibly.. why don't you wait until tomorrow and I can explain it all then?

you know that is going to kill me, why can't you tell me now?

better I explain it in person.. besides if I tell you now I won't have an excuse to come and see you tomorrow will I?

suppose not.. well.. goodnight Downey..

Wait.. don't I get a picture first? He asks, he's a very needy, I can't help but laugh,

I would.. if I weren't say with a bunch of oldies with my parents.. maybe you can get a sneak peak tomorrow ;-)

damn, that's torture.

I'm sure you still have the last one I sent you.. use that one to help you out.

I don't need a photo for that baby.. I have plenty of images stored away in my head.. ;-)

Naughty.. anyway.. I'm going to bed so I'll see you tomorrow.. night Downey!

Goodnight baby x