Part 22

"Well hello there.." he smirks, resting against the door frame.. "Come on in baby.." he gestures for me to walk past him, which I do, and he follows quickly behind after closing the door.. "So what do I owe the pleasure.."

"I followed the way my heart wanted to go.." I smile as I turn around to face him.. "And it brought me here.."

"Oh it did?"

"Yep.. I fancied a late night swim with you.. care to join?" I ask as I make my way out to his yard..

"Um.." he follows quickly again.. "Why here though?"

"Is it a problem? I can go if you like.." I offer and he shakes his head.. "Good.."

"I'm happy you're here but.." he catches up to me and takes my hand in his to pull me close.. "What happened?"

"Why do you think something happened?"

"Well.. you told me you were going out with the team, and I'd see you tomorrow.. but now..you're here.. and I'm worried something happened.."

"Nothing crazy, just thought they were jerks.." I say and he laughs, I'm guessing in agreement.

"Tell me something I don't know.."

We stand by the pool, the moonlight shining down on us, thankfully it's a warm night so a dip in the pool wouldn't be too bad. As holds my hand, he looks down at me with a slight smirk..

"I'm done playing games with you Robert.." I admit.. holding his gaze as I look into those brown eyes.. "I can't do this anymore.."

"You are? Do what?"

"Mhm.. I don't wanna play these games anymore.. I want you, and that's that.." I say, and he looks thrilled.. but before he can do anything, I'm holding him back, to set some rules.."But.. you have to prove to me, that it's me you want.."

"Alright.." his jaw tightens a little with a pressed brow, I'm guessing he's a little confused at what's going on.. "This isn't drunk you talking is it? I don't wanna get my hopes up.."

"No, I only had two.. I know what I'm saying.."

"Okay good.." he lets out a laugh..

"The next convention you go to.." I say as I run my hands slowly up his arms, to the back of his neck.. "I'm going with you.."

"Really?"

"Yep.. if you mean what you say, that you love me,  and you want to be with me.. then you'll prove it to me.. no more sleeping with other women.."

"Absolutely not.."

"No more.. fucking leaving me for model blondes.."

"No.."

"No more games Robert.. if we're serious.. we both have to be in this together.. I don't wanna get my heart broken again.."

"You won't.." he lifts his hand to hold the crook of my neck.. "I promise.."

"Good, because I love you Robert Downey.. and I wanna be with you.." I smile a little as I scan his face.. his eyes move slightly down to my lips, before he's leaning in to place a soft kiss on my lips, gentle, and caring, and almost loving.. it's nice, it's simple.. it's just what I need.