Part 20

"I think you better come into my office.. Sophia..now.." he suggests, gesturing that I make my way down the hallway.. "After you.."

"No problem at all.. boss.. I mean.. Mr Downey, lead the way sir.." I say with a smirk, noticing the way his jaw tightens again..

I head towards his office, and he follows quickly behind, closing the door tightly behind him, I'm pretty sure he even locks it.

"What's up?" I ask, as he stands looking out of the window with his hand on his hip underneath his suit jacket.. "Robert?"

"Don't.. Robert me.." he tries to be a little fierce with his talk.. but I have to hide my smile.. "Are you serious?"

"Serious about what? I'm not following.." now I know that's pretty much a lie, I know that he's jealous, I know that he's hating the fact I'm close to Mason.. I'm not sure if he's worried about us.. but I know he's jealous. I know that it gets to him.. and that's exactly why I'm doing it.

"Like you don't know.." he turns to face me before sitting down at his desk.. "Is this just a big game for you?"

"What? I don't know what you're talking about.."

"Oh come on!!" He growls..and it's pretty sexy.. "I know exactly what you are doing!!"

"Then tell me.." I say, as I walk over to his desk.. standing beside him.. "What am I doing that's so.. wrong?" He looks up at me, with an almost fed up glance..like he doesn't want to play the game.. am I doing the right thing?

"Are you serious about going out on a date with him?" He asks me straight out.. looking back down to the pen he now holds in his hands.. "

"What if I am?"

"I've told you how I feel, how sorry I am.. and you just.. don't care.."

"Who said I don't care?"

"You haven't said it.. but the way you're acting.. going out for dates with Mason, it's just not.."

"Nice?" I ask and he nods, his hand runs against his jaw..looking up at me again with such sad eyes.. "See, now you know how it feels don't you?"

"I can't help it.. I'm jealous.. I'll admit it.. I hate seeing how close you two have got.. I see how he makes you smile, and he makes you laugh.. and yeah.. it hurts.."

"It's not nice is it Robert?"

"No.. not at all.." he sighs.. swinging a little in his chair.. "I wish I could make you see just how much I love you.. I just don't know what to do anymore.. how can I compete with Mason huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well.. look at him.. I've never seen you laugh like that when you're with me, you seem to enjoy his company.. and well.. he's younger.."

"You really do feel threatened by him aren't you?"

"Should I be?" He asks.. "You've never given me a reason not to be.."

"Can you finally see how it would feel for me, being left alone in that hotel room, to then be told I have nothing to worry about even though you still fucked her?"