Part 23

"What about them? If we're serious, and we love each other, we don't care what any of them think.. we go into this together.. no more secrets.. no more pretending.. we come out in the open, as a couple..we show everyone that we're in love.. yeah?"

"Um.. yeah. I guess.."

"I need to know if you are serious sweetheart.." he takes my hand in his, making them rest over my lap.. "If we're in this.. we're in this together.."

"Of course but.. my dad.. I.. really don't know how he will.."

"Your mom knows about us right?" He asks and I nod.. "And she's fine with it I guess?"

"Well.. she hasn't hit and screamed at you.. she's been.. quite supportive of my feelings for you.. I think you softened her up a little when you were admitting your feelings for me.."

"Oh really?

"Mhm.. she worked it out and the moment we got home she came to talk to me about it..she even said that she will always support me, in whatever I choose.."

"Well that's good then isn't it?" He squeezes my hand a little.. "Why don't we go over there now and tell them or at least tell your mom.."

"Do you really want to tell my dad that we're together? I just really don't know how he'll react Robert, I don't want him falling out with you or worse.. hurting you.."

"He won't.. and to be honest I don't want to tell him..not really.." he laughs.. "But I do wanna be with you, and if that's what we have to do.. we have to face him at some point right?"

"Yeah.. I guess.."

"Don't worry babe.. whatever happens I'll be right beside you to face them alright.. half the battle is already won with your mom.."

"And then it's just facing them all at work.."

"Well to be honest I really don't care about them.. or what they think.. but there are ways around that.." he smirks, with another squeeze to my hands.. "You could always come back as my assistant.."

"Really?"

"I mean if you want to.. I told you that position is always open for you.." he lifts one hand to place under my chin, turning my head to face him so he can kiss me.. "If haven't even advertised for that role since you left so.."

"Yeah because you couldn't arsed to interview..or actually advertise for it.. I know what you're like Downey.."

"True.. but only because there is only one person I want as my assistant so.."

"And who might that be?"

"You.." he puts his hand on my face, softly stroking my cheek.. "Always and only you.."

"Do you mean that?" I ask and he gives me a little nudge.. "Sorry.."

"You don't have to question or ask me.. I will prove to you that I love you more than anything.. starting with walking you home, and facing your parents.. so come on.. let's go.."  he stands up handing my work clothes from earlier.. I quickly take off my wet underwear.. making him raise his brow a little in humour.. "Next time it might not be such a good idea to jump in the pool in your lace underwear.."