Part 14

"So what actually happened out there, why did you quit"

I eventually got to telling my parents that I quit my job, of course they're not happy about it. But I don't really care.. it's hard enough as it is without them having a go at me for it.

"I just figured it wasn't for me.."

"That's bullshit, even you couldn't screw this one up! Robert's gone out of his way to make sure you have a job here, earning decent amount of money, taking you on his business trips, for free may I add! He covered all of your costs and for what.. just to quit the day you get back!?" My dad shouts at the top of his voice.. "If you don't want to be here, I suggest you go back home and see how you get on in the real world, in your own!"

"Maybe I shall! I know I would be happier, away from you.. away from Robert.. away from all this fake ass shit! I would be with my real friends, my kind of people.."

"Your kind of people?!" My dad snaps.. "Your kind of people are wanting to sit around the pool all day getting drunk!! You don't want to work, you're happy feeding off our money!!"

"Wow.. dad okay, that's really.."

"Okay guys that's enough, Sophia.. I suggest you go and calm down a little bit.." my mom says calmly trying to sort it out, I decide to take a walk down to the beach, a bit of sea will do me good. It's hard enough trying to ignore Robert but it's even harder knowing he's in business with my family, and I can't tell them the truth.

I sit down on the sand, looking out at the clear sky, and the blue water, it's perfect, and I can't help but wonder what Robert's doing right now. He hasn't called or text since he sent that text last night, I mean I never responded to it, I've still left him on read.. so I guess he's took the hint that I'm not ready to talk yet. It's only a matter of time until he's at my house with my father anyway.. and then I'll have to face him.. which will be hard..

I glance around at the people who enjoying the warm weather, people with kids playing in the water, it's sweet. I always curse my parents for never giving me a sibling, but I guess I was always a handful so one was enough for them. I just wish I had someone close to me that I could enjoy days like this with.. I guess that person could have been Robert but that ship has sailed. As I'm sat morning my own business, a volleyball comes in my direction and hits my side..

"Oh! Shit! I'm so sorry!" A voice calls over, and as I glance up, a young man comes running over to me, I can't help but take in his appearance, blue eyes, light brown hair, a body to die for.. "Sorry, my friends aim is well off.."

"That alright.." I pick the ball up and throw it up him.. "No harm done.."

"Thanks!" He flashes me a smile and goes to run off, but he's stopped in his tracks and quickly turns back to me.. "Mason by the way.."

"Sophia.." I smile as I say my name.

"Are you new round here? I don't think I've seen you before.. I think I would have remembered a pretty girl like you.."

"Ha.. uh..yeah.." I blush a little as his comment.. "I've just moved here with my family, I live just.. up there.." I turn and point up the hill to where you can see our yard.."

"Oh my god you live in that beautiful little neighbourhood?" He looks so surprised.. I don't know why.. "Nice! I've heard there are so many fancy people live up there.."

"Yeah.. well my father is a businessman so.."

"That's great! I think my boss actually lives up there somewhere but..not sure exactly ..so where are you originally.." he asks but his friend calls him over and he waves him off.. "Damn.. I better go before he gets pissed, it was nice to meet you Sophia..."