Part 34

I don't check my phone all night, after our romantic dinner, Robert decided to have a dance, boy has he got some moves, I struggled to keep up at one point. The way he moves those hips..Wow. Eventually we made our way back to the hotel, and well you know how most romantic nights end.. that is how I don't check my phone until the next morning when I wake up nice and early, I decide to check my messages, as usual a few from the group chat, and a few from my parents just to ask how the trip is going.. and then an unusual one catches my eye when I scroll through Instagram. On my post from last night that I shared about Robert.

I notice Robert's cute comment that he must have posted when we got back to the hotel, but no, that one isn't the one that caught my eye.. the one that did was a notification from Daniel. Curiously, I click on his page, so I sit scrolling through it whilst Robert is still asleep behind me. I can't seem to stop.. especially after I see some still on there from when we were together. I didn't even realise he still followed me.. and then the comment on my post, directly above Robert's, so I know he must have seen it.

daniel- Glad to see you are enjoying being back home babe, it's where you belong :-) x

He even had the audacity to like the post!! I mean why would you do that when it's about your ex's new boyfriend!! Ugh.. he can be so annoying.. but why is it bothering me so much?! Trying to ignore it, I go back to Robert's comment..it makes my heart flutter as I reread it over and over..

Robert - only the best for my girl, i love you ♥️

I can't stop smiling at it especially at the little heart at the end, it's adorable, and even more so because I know he secretly hates social media. He hardly ever posts about stuff other than work or random pictures of when he's travelling or whatever. So for him to comment means a lot, and I can't help but reply back to him, secretly hoping deep down that Daniel will see this too.. and hopefully gets the message that I'm over it.. over him.. totally moved on. I turn over on my side, looking at Robert.. he's still asleep and he looks adorable.. so adorable I decide to take a quick snap of the two of us in bed.. and foolishly I post on Instagram again... I don't post a caption this time, just the photo.. and wait for the comments coming through. I give Robert a little kiss to the shoulder as I go out onto the balcony, waiting for him to wake up. As I wait, sat going through my photos of us together, my phone rings. Kate's caller ID flashes up on the screen.

"Uh.. hey Kate.. what's going?"

"Hey! Soph.." she greets.. "Your photos last night so cute, did he buy you that dress?" She asks quickly and then again.. "and oh my god I've just saw the new photo! You two are so adorable.."

"Thanks.." I chuckle.. "Yeah he bought me the dress.. as a treat.. did you see how beautiful it was? I still can't believe it.."

"Uh! Yeah! I saw it.. and the photos of you two kissing in the park.."

"I know! He uh.. went to.. uh.." I try but I can't bring myself to say those words.. without him hearing so I just ignore it.. "So what's happening, what are you guys up to today?"

"Well.. I'm meeting Josh for lunch, and then we're going to a party later on.."

"A party? Who's?"

"Remember Jo from college? It's her birthday.."

"Oh! Yeah I remember her.. that's great that you're going! I'm sure you guys will have a great time.."