Part 25

"Mason.. I.." I try but he's not having any of it., he slams his hand down on the desk, making my jump a little, I'm pretty sure Robert heard it, as I see his door opening just as Mason continues to shout..

"Tell me! You and Downey.. you're fucking each other aren't you?!"

"I uh..Mason..please.."

"Don't Mason me!" he slams his hand down again, and that's when I see Robert come rushing over to us with my dad quickly following behind..

"Hey! Hey! Now what on earth is going on?!" He asks as he is sliding in between myself and Mason.. "Soph.. you alright?" He glances down at me, so I give him a little nod..

"Uh.. yeah..I'm fine.." I stutter.. but Mason is still rather angry.. as I meet his eyes, they're full of fire  as turns away, looking at Robert. 

"Oh look, it's lover boy and daddy to the rescue.." he laughs in Robert's face.. "How do you do it man?!"

"That enough Mason.." my dad tries.. but he's not listening.. he just keeps pushing Robert..

"You have to steal all the girls don't you?! You even had to get your hands on his daughter!!" He points to my dad.. "It's just never enough for you is it?"

"Mason.." Robert starts.. "Do you really think she was interested in you?" He smirks..and Mason glances to me.. "Oh you did.."

"I thought.."

"I'm sorry Mason.." I try reaching my hand out to him but he shakes my hand away.

"You played me.. you made me think that I had a chance with you.. when all this time.." he looks back at Robert.. "You were only ever interested in him.."

"Mason.. please.."

"I think you need to go.." Robert gives him a little shove to the chest.. "Now.."

"Or what? This is my job.."

"Not anymore son.." Robert smirks.. "Get out.. now.."

"You know, screw your job.. and you.." he looks at me with a glare.. "You little whore.. I never want to see you again.." We're all a bit caught about by surprise at his choice of words, myself especially. I really didn't think he was like that.. I'm even more surprised as to what follows next, when I just see an arm swung in the face of Mason, and he goes tumbling to the ground, I glance at Robert, standing up to grab him but he just looks at me in surprise.. both confused as each other.. when he look to our side, my dad is shaking out his hand..

"Don't ever.. ever.. talk about my daughter like that again.." my dad leans over him.. still stretching out his hand, clearly in a little pain from the punch he's just thrown.

"Dad!" I say, as Mason pulls himself up holding his face.. "You just.."

"Mason, if you didn't get it the first time from Robert, you're fired.. now get out.." he warns him, and Mason quickly runs out the door. I glance at Robert with a tear falling down my cheek, he notices it, and lifts his hand to softly wipe it away.. before he's pulling me into a hug..

"It's alright baby.." he strokes my hair, as I rest my head against his chest..closing my eyes just to blink away my tears that have filled my eyes.. "I got you Soph.."