4| Fear

Rahul woke up the next morning in a change of routine , no morning walk and no formal suit. Instead, he wore a track suit and headed downstairs to ask the maid for breakfast for the three of them. He then went to Aarav's room.

"Aarav, get up!" Rahul stood beside his bed.

"Bhaiya,bhot neend aarahi hai please Sony dein," Aarav replied turning away.

"Aarav, I said get up!" Rahul's voice was cold as he pulled off Aarav's blanket.

Aarav, irritated, looked at the time and noted it was only 6 am.

"Bhaiya, it's only 6 am! Pura ghanta para hai!" Aarav said, annoyed.

"Aarav, I want you downstairs within next 10 minutes," Rahul said sternly, leaving the room.

Aarav gulped and went to washroom while thinking of past two weeks whether he did something wrong

Meanwhile, Rahul went to his room and found Ania sleeping on his bed.

"Anu, wake up!" He walked towards her.

Ania groaned but didn't respond.

"Anu, I said get up!" He shook her.

Ania sat on bed but as soon as she saw the time she again covered herself in blanket.

"Anu, do you have trouble hearing?" Rahul asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Bhaiya, it's 6 am, itni jaldi kyun ?" Ania whined.

"Ania, I want you downstairs within next 15 minutes," he firmly stated before leaving the room.

Upon hearing her full name, Ania realized Rahul was angry and quickly rushed to the bathroom.

Within 15 minutes, both Ania and Aarav were at the breakfast table.

"Bhaiya, I'm really sleepy," Ania complained.

"Anu, finish your breakfast. Both of you should be in my study in the next 15 minutes," Rahul said coldly, walking to his study, leaving both siblings worried.

"Bhaiya ko kia hua hai?" Ania asked Aarav anxiously.

"Mujhe kaise pata ho ga ?" he replied.

Ania was unaware that Rahul knew about her pending math test, she believed she had successfully convinced him with her excuses. The test was safely hidden in Aarav's room, out of Rahul's reach.

After 15 minutes, both siblings stood outside Rahul's study, hesitant to enter.

Aarav nudged Ania to go first.
"Nahi mujhe dar lag raha hai ap jain," Ania replied, stepping back.

"Aj dono andar aa jao gay?" a stern voice came from inside.

Aarav opened the door and entered, with Ania following.

They stood before Rahul, whose back was turned.

"Bhaiya," Aarav spoke softly.

"Nashta kar liya?" Rahul asked turned to them, glaring and they both nodded.

"Anu maths ki teacher nai test kab dena hai?" He asked calmly, making Ania hesitant.

"I don't know, bhaiya," she replied.

Rahul grabbed her ear and pulled her to the corner, causing her pain.

"Ouch bhaiya, dard ho raha hai !" she winced. And her left her ear.

"Jhoot Ania!" He yelled, making her flinch.

"Aik dafa bhee nahi baar baar jhoot" he yelled.

Ania looked down and muttered a sorry