5| punishment

Rahul approached Aarav, who was visibly scared,"Bhaiya, kiya hua?" He asked.

Rahul's brows furrowed and he responded sharply, "Kia hua !" prompting Aarav to look down guiltily.

"Bhaiya, lekin meri galati kia hai," Aarav muttered softly .

"Seriously Aarav? Teri galati kia hai? Don't you know what have you done?" His anger palpable in his voice.

"Bhaiya, woh dari we thi mainy daanta bhe tha usay," Aarav explained hesitantly.

"Don't you understand, Aarav? It's not about scolding. It's about speaking the truth. You supported her lie!" Rahul's words cut through the air like a sharp blade

"Sorry na bhaiya, next time nahi hoga," Aarav pleaded with his eyes fixed on Rahul.

"I'll make sure ke next time nahi hoga," Rahul said firmly, sending shivers down Aarav's spine.

"Do you know, Aarav, that our father despised lies? Unhe jhoot bolne se aur bolne wale se sakht nafrat thi." Rahul's voice softened as he reminisced, causing Aarav's eyes to mist.

"Sorry bhaiya," Aarav offered in a whispered apology.

"Ania bachchi hai. Usay sahi galat ka achi tarah pata nahi. Hum bade hain, usay sikhana hamari zimmedari hai." Rahul stated calmly

"Bhaiya, woh puppy face banati hai, main mana nahi kar pata," Aarav said

"Beta, main ye nahi keh raha k tum mana karo usay. Bachpan mein, tum bhi mere pass ate the baba ki dant se bachne ke liye." Rahul replied.

Aarav hugged Rahul tightly, expressing his remorse, "Sorry na, pakka next time nahi hoga."

"Aarav, Ania is still a child, and at this tender age, they absorb lessons swiftly. It's our responsibility to guide her onto the right path." Rahul said calmly.

"Aray bhaiya ap Kia tension le rahy hain chill" Aarav said and Rahul pulled him out of his embrace .

"main toh nahi le rahi tension but tumhe leni chahiye give me your phone" Rahuls Tone was firm this time .

"Bhaiya, why do you need the phone?" Aarav whined, and Rahul gently tapped him on the head.

"Chup chap phone do Aarav, and fetch the laptop from the room," Rahul instructed firmly.

Aarav complied without argument. "Bhaiya, we need the laptop to study," Aarav explained innocently.

"I know you need to study. Go get it," Rahul replied, picking up a ruler. Aarav nodded and left the room while Rahul smiled and shook his head.

Meanwhile, in Anias room, Ania was contemplating the possible punishments.

After some time, Aarav entered her room and lay on her bed. "Did Bhaiya hit you?" Ania asked, concerned.

He shook his head and then walked towards her, kissing her forehead and caressing her palms. "Are you in pain?" Aarav asked her.

She shook her head. "Ye toh bhaiya ka rooz ka hai. Don't worry I'm fine." she said, winking.

Aarav shook his head and lightly tapped her head. "Bhaiya is coming to give punishment," Aarav said, and Ania made a face.

"What did you get?" she asked him. "He took my phone and laptop," he said with a sigh.

Ania's eyes widened, and before she could say anything, Rahul entered the room.

"Kia ho raha hai?" Rahul asked casually.

Ania hugged him. "Kuch nahi Bhaiya," she replied and Rahul smiled, pulling her out of his embrace.

"Should we discuss your punishment?" Rahul asked her. "Bhaiyaaa," she whined.

"Anu," Rahul said firmly. She pouted.

"Give me your phone Anu .." he trailed off as Ania cut him off.

"Bhaiya, not the phone, please. I'll do whatever you say, but not the phone."

Rahul looked at her for a few seconds, and she looked down.

"How about you decide your own punishment?" Rahul asked, and Ania looked at him. "Me?" she said confused, and Rahul nodded.

She gave him a wide smile. "Um, a 2-page essay on 'I will never lie,' she replied.

"That's all, Ania?" Rahul asked, and she meekly nodded.

"Is that your only mistake?" Aarav asked, and she looked at him with pleading eyes.

"No, Anu! Increase the punishment, or else I'll do the honors," Rahul said, and she angrily glared at him and then started thinking.

"Um, the same math test twice, Bhaiya?" she asked, and Rahul nodded.

"Do I give you 2 pages ?" he asked her, and she shook her head.

"3 pages?" she asked him as she knew her brother won't let her go with only 2 pages . Rahul always asks her to write a 4 pages essay on any mistake.

"Okay, now you're done with assigning yourself punishments. Now it's my turn. How about we multiply the number by 2?"
Rahul said .

Ania whined. "No, no, no, Bhaiya, please, apny mujhe Mara bhee ab punishment bhee de rahy hain bss kar dein na!"she was done with the scolding and punishment session.

"Ania Malhotra, hand me your phone. You'll get it back after a week, you're grounded for this week, and I want a 6-page essay and 4 attempts of your math test on my table by 11 at night. Am I clear?" Rahul said firmly, glaring at her, and she immediately nodded.

Rahul then went to his study , he took a day off from his office and Ania and Aarav didn't went to school /college aswell .

Aarav began studying in his room, but Ania grew increasingly bored.

It was 10 am, and she wanted to watch reels and have fun, but both her brothers were busy, and she was grounded.

She went to Aarav's room and started rummaging through his things.

"What are you doing, Anu?" Aarav asked.

"Where is your old phone?" she asked,
searching his drawer. He looked at her.

"Anu, you're going crazy! It hasn't even been an hour since you were punished, and you're at it again," Aarav scolded her.

Ania got irritated and whined, "phir Kia karoon main ? Bhaiya kaam kar rahy hain , and you're studying. I'm getting bored. I wish Bhaiyu would come home soon. I miss him so much."

"Anu, they're on vacation for the first time. Let them enjoy their holidays," Aarav replied.

"Go and write your essay. If you finish your work by tonight, we'll think about ordering dinner from outside," Aarav said, and Ania's mood immediately lightened up as she went to start her work .

________________________________

Hey guys ! How's the chapter ?

I tried to make it interesting , I wrote it twice but my stressed up mind isn't really working .
And I also divided the chapter into 2 parts so if you want me to update quickly make sure to comment inline and complete target

Some actors suggestion for a guy few years older than Rahul ? (New character sketch coming soon)

How was the punishment?

Any suggestions?

Target for next update 40+ votes and 45+ comments .

Thankyou !

Happy reading !

Love  Ree <3