17| Result

The next morning, Rahul entered Aarav's room only to find him surrounded by books, completely immersed in his studies.

"Aarav," he called out

Aarav looked up.

"Bhaiya aain aain" Aarav said, getting up from his bed, but Rahul gestured for him to remain seated.

"Don't tell me you've been studying all night," Rahul said, observing him closely, and Aarav immediately shook his head.

"5 baje utha tha. Raat ko soya tha sachi" Aarav replied, and Rahul nodded.

"I'm telling you, Aarav, fix your sleep schedule. Raat ko roz roz deir tak parhna isn't good for you. Take care of your health as well," Rahul said, his tone softened towards the end and Aarav nodded

"Ap walk se aain hain?" Aarav asked, and Rahul nodded.

"Anu ko utha do jake," Rahul said and left to change his tracksuit.

Aarav entered Ania's room to find his little one wrapped in her duvet, sleeping peacefully. He turned off the lamp and opened the curtains, letting the morning light filter in.

He Settled next to her, and gently stroked her hair for a while before softly shaking her awake.

"Anu," he called out softly, but she didn't respond.

He shook her again "Anu."

she groaned, opening her eyes with a sleepy look.

"Sone do," she mumbled, hugging him and burying her head in his midriff.

"Anu, bhaiya ajain gay phir dono ko daant pare gi" he said as he continued to stroke her hair.

"I don't care," she muttered sleepily.

"Ap phir nahi soye?" she asked, still not fully awake.

"So Gaya tha meri Maa. Bhaiya se bhe tumne shikayat ki hai na?" he asked, and she nodded.

"tabyat kharab ho jati hai is tarha roz deir tak parhne se"  she said, and he smiled.

"Chaloo utho ab," he said, tapping her arm, but she shook her head.

Suddenly, a mischievous thought crossed his mind, and he rubbed his chin on her forehead.

Ania immediately broke away from his embrace, rubbing her forehead and giving him a look.

"Aarav yaar dard Hota hai ab main bachi nahi hoon get it shaved,beard doesn't suit you" she said rubbing her forehead and he chuckled.

He uses to do this years back and today the tough out of no where came into his mind. She uses to hate it whenever he uses to rub his beard on her hand or cheek to tease her.

"Kal mujh pe bhe toh pani phenka tha toh aj meri bari. And secondly beard does suit me" he replied.

"Haan thori thori but this irritates me the most," she said, lying back down.

"Arey bhaee uthoo" he shook her again.

"Aarav ise bulane ke liye bola tha Khud sone ke liye nahi" Rahul entered.

"uthain apni ladli ko meri nahi sunti" Aarav said giving him space to sit.

Rahul kissed her forehead gently "slept well?" He asked and she nodded

"chalo jaldi se ajao nechay we have to go to school" he ruffled her hairs and left while her mood dropped she totally forget it was her ptm today.

"Kia hua?" Aarav asked, noticing her change in mood.