8| cheating

Rahul's phone call left him seething with anger, his jaw clenched and his eyes burning with frustration. "I'll be there within the next few minutes. Thank you," he replied curtly before ending the call.

He stepped out of his office and found his friend Reyansh who noticed him and came to him

"School se call aai hai?" Reyansh asked, And Rahul simply nodded

Reyansh is Meher's brother and Rahul's best friend .

Both of them drove to school in Rahul's car and made their way to the principal's office.

As they entered, they saw Ania and Meher standing with bowed heads, a palpable sense of guilt hanging in the air.

Ania felt her throat tightening and her heart pounding with fear. She realized the gravity of her mistake . Cheating went against everything their family believed in. No one had ever resorted to cheating before .

"Mr. Rahul, Sorry to say that Ania's behavior has been deteriorating day by day. She's showing no focus on her studies for the past few months, especially with her finals approaching. And here, she's been blatantly copying answers in exams. If this continues, we won't allow her to sit for her final exams. And even if she does, I doubt she'll pass." the principal informed Rahul sternly.

"Ma'am can you please show me the papers?" Rahul requested and the principle gave them the papers .

As he scanned through them, a wave of disbelief washed over him. Initially, he couldn't fathom that his sister would resort to cheating, but the evidence was irrefutable. Every answer was mirrored , down to the spelling mistakes.

He shot Ania a glare and the disappointment was evident.

Ania trembled as she locked eyes with him, her legs shaking with fear. She often found herself in trouble for her mischievous antics, but this time was different. She knew her family had strict values, and none of her brothers had ever resorted to cheating.

Meher kept her gaze lowered, unable to meet his eyes. While Reyansh was continuously glaring her . Her brother had always been a cool brother, but he could also be strict when needed, and Meher hates that side of him.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I assure you, this won't happen again. And don't worry about her finals, I'll ensure she completes her syllabus before the exams," Rahul promised, trying to maintain his composure.

Ania gulped nervously, her throat dry with fear.

"Your brothers studied here as well, and while they may have had their moments. But unhon ne cheating kabhi nahi ki and na hi un kay itnay kam marks aaty the whereas Ania is a totally opposite case . For this test, she'll receive zero marks. You may take her home now," the principal declared leaving Rahul nodding in agreement.

"And you too, Meher. I never expected you to cheat. You've always been an outstanding student, but you've disappointed us today," the principal added and tears welled up in Meher's eyes she muttered an apology that was barely audible

"You'll also receive zero marks for this test. Mr. Reyansh, please ensure she focuses on her studies. Meher is a good student, but her results from last few months have been disappointing. You're both free to go now," the principal concluded.

"I'll make sure she won't disappoint you again," Reyansh replied.

Meher felt extremely guilty. She had put in a lot of effort for this test . She studied till late night to achieve a perfect score. She didn't wanted to disappoint her bhaiya but unfortunately, she found herself in trouble.

"Apologies right now," Rahul demanded firmly from Ania, who whispered a meek "Sorry, ma'am."

"Loud!" Rahul said firmly and Ania Apologized

"Apkay liye special letter aai ga?" Reyansh added sternly, his tone leaving no room for argument and Meher apologized.

all four of them left the principal's office and headed towards the car.

Ania and Meher sat in the backseat, silent and ashamed while Rahul and Reyansh were sitting at the front

Rahul dropped off Reyansh at his house and headed home. As he parked the car and slammed the door shut, Ania flinched.

She stepped out of the car and entered the lounge, while Rahul remained outside, trying to calm his anger. When he finally came inside, he found Ania standing there with her head bowed.

"Kia hua Ania? Do you truly believe you did nothing wrong, to stand here before me with your head hung low?" Rahul asked calmly, his voice tinged with disappointment. Ania remained silent, unable to meet his gaze.

"What is a bank reconciliation statement?" Rahul pressed, his tone firm. Ania finally looked up at him, her eyes brimming with tears.

"Come on, tell me. Paper main toh bhot ache answers likhe hain " Rahul continued

"Ye choro tell me what are the golden rules of accounting?" he asked again ,his voice dark. Ania look down again

"Don't you dare look away," Rahul warned, his eyes piercing into hers. As Ania met his gaze, tears spilled over , her heart heavy with guilt.

"Bhaiya main.." Ania began, but Rahul cut her off abruptly.

"Shut up Ania ! I'm not in the mood for any lame excuses. I trusted you, Ania. I never thought my sister would stoop to cheating just for a few damn marks in a bloody test," Rahul scolded more like shouted and roughly threw the paper at her. And Ania flinched , she wasn't used to this tone she hates it .

There was no one else at home except for Rahul, Ania, and Avinash . All the servants were in the servant quarters and Avi was upstairs asleep, unaware of the tension brewing downstairs until he heard Rahul's raised voice.

"Bhaiy..." Ania tried to speak again, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Ania mujhe abhi baat nahi karni. Just leave," Rahul said calmly, his patience wearing thin.

"Bhaiya.." she tried once more

"I said, leave!" he shouted, causing Ania to flinch before she ran upstairs, where she bumped into Avinash.

He tried to comfort her, but she broke free and rushed to her room.

"Bhaiya Anu?" Avi asked Rahul.

"Abhi nahi Avi please," Rahul replied, his irritation evident.

"But bhaiya she's crying," Avi said, concerned.

"Let her cry," Rahul snapped harshly.

"Hua kya hai?" Avi asked Rahul, his concern growing.

Rahul sighed and recounted the whole scene to Avinash, who didn't have much of a response.

"Bhaiya apko bhee pata hai you can't see her crying like this phir kyun kar rahe hain aise , Jane dein na," Avinash said softly.

"Janay doon? Seriously Avi ! She lied to me a few days back aur mainy jane diya.." Rahul said, his voice trailing off as Avinash interrupted.

"Nahi bhaiya apny jane nahi diya apny ruler se Mara tha " Avinash replied, and Rahul glared at him before leaving for his study.

Avinash sighed and headed towards Ania's room.

________________________________

Hey Guys ! How's the chapter?

Sorry for being late as I said that updates will be slow as I'm having my exams

How was Rahul ?

What will Rahul do next ?

What will be the reaction of others ?

Will Avinash say anything to Ania ?

Any suggestions? I'm out of ideas lol

Please do comment as your comments motivate me to write :)

Complete the target for next update
40+ votes and 50+ comments

Thankyou !

Happy Reading !

Love Ree <3