12| Pain

Rahul's heart raced as he hurried towards Ania, who had fallen to her knees, tears streaming down her face.

She managed to save her face as she fell on her knees but her knees got scraped.

"Anu," he called out, kneeling beside her and gently grasping her shoulders.

"Ahh, bhaiyaa," she whimpered in pain as he attempted to help her stand.

"Aik minute main gari mangwata hoon" Rahul said, his voice tinged with panic.

Rahul quickly dialed Adi's number, his heart pounding with worry.

Within few minutes Adi reached there

"Kia hua Rahul?" Adi asked urgently and then he saw Ania sitting on the footpath crying badly.

Rahul scooped Ania up in his arms, and he laid her gently on the backseat of the car.

"Bhaiyaa hospital chalain!" Rahul said panicked .

"Nahii hospital nahi bhaiyaa!" she protested while crying

"ghar chalain Adi bhaiya hospital nahi please." She pleaded, tears streaming down her cheeks

"Theek hai beta , we'll go home relax kuch nahi ho ga ap toh bhot strong ho" Adi reassured her softly in comforting tone .

But the girl was crying badly her knees hurt and something more worse was the unnoticed crack in her foot's nail, caused by the unforgiving brick.

As they reached home, Adi tenderly supported Ania, guiding her inside.

"Bhaiyaa dard ho raha hai," she cried out, her voice trembling with pain.

He gently eased her onto the couch

Avi and Aarav, alerted by her cries, rushed downstairs, their faces etched with concern

"Kia hua?" They asked concern evident on there faces

"First Aid kit lao jaldi" Adi instructed urgently

Adi rolled up her jeans , revealing her injured knees

Rahul sat beside her, enveloping her in a comforting embrace.

"Bhaiya dard ho raha hai," she whimpered between sobs.

"Bss beta abhi theek ho jaye ga," Rahul murmured soothingly, gently rubbing her back.

Aarav returned with the First Aid kit

"Bhaiya main karta hoon" Aarav said and crouched down

Adi positioned himself on the other side of Ania and she clung tightly to his hand.

"Anu, stop crying. Main pyodine lagata hoon you'll feel better," Aarav said softly.

"Aarav nahi dard ho ga sirf bandage kardo I'll be fine kuch lagana mat please" she pleaded tearfully.

"Anu mera bacha aisy infection ho jaye ga na . Hum hain na apky sath kuch nahi ho ga , come here" Adi coaxed, opening his arms to her.

Ania nestled into his embrace holding Rahul's hand tightly.

Adi gently stroked her hair

"Ahh" "owww" "bhaiyaa" she winced and cried out in pain while Aarav cleaned her wound.

"Aram say Aarav!" all three brothers said in unison, but Aarav merely rolled his eyes in response.

"Bss karain !" Ania cried, clutching Adi's shirt tightly.

"Ho Gaya ," Aarav announced, stepping back, only for Avi to gasp as he noticed Ania's cracked and bloodied nail.

Rahul's worry intensified at the sight