chapter 29

Celeste

“She still wins, you know. No matter what way you slice it, she got what she wanted.” I say to Grayson as I slump down in my seat, looking out at the setting sun. 
“That should be your spot. You deserve it.”
“Ha! Are you kidding? I never wanted that spot... I just can’t stand the thought someone like Virgina is going to take it.”
Although I’m happy to wash my hands of the coven, I fought so hard to be a part of. I can’t stand my last move going against everything I stood for. There’s got to be some way out.
“Are you upset that you no longer belong to a coven?”
Grayson’s question stumps me. I should be. In fact, I should be terrified. After all, a witch without a coven is a target. 
I’m not. I’m relieved. The stress of trying to belong in a place I’ll never fit in is straining at best. Besides, I happen to have a wolf as a mate. There’s no better protection than that. I think that tidbit should stay with me. It may be the straw that breaks the camel’s back, sending his ego floating away.
“You know. I can’t get a flight out until tomorrow morning, and it looks like my schedule is clear.” I say with a smile.
“That’s too bad. I made a promise to keep my hands to myself for twenty-four hours.”
What? Is he for real? I frown at his statement.
“I suppose if I’m ordered... I’d have to obey.”
So that’s the way of it. He likes my authoritative side, does he? 
I guess now is not a good time to tell him I only got one ticket. It’s not that I don’t want him to come. I just think Beth is less likely to be honest with a proud wolf in front of her. She’s always been straightforward with me and me alone. There isn’t any other way I’m going to be happy. Until I get full disclosure. 
“You’re off somewhere again.”
Shit! Does he ever miss anything?
“Sorry been a long… two years and counting.  I think I’m ready for some quiet.”
He grabs my hand to hold it, and it’s the most genuinely comforting and sweetest thing anyone has ever done. It’s selfless for my comfort alone, with no benefit to him.
“Stop the car.”
He listens immediately, and I get a little rush of power.
“What is it? What’s wrong?” His concern is even more touching.
We’re far enough out of town to not be disturbed, and it’s dark enough that we won’t be easily noticed.
I open my door and demand Grayson out of the car. I think I’m getting a taste for this. I’m really turned on. He stands, eyeing me. The moment he scents my arousal, his shoulders stiffen, and he lifts a brow.
“Lose the clothes, wolf.”
Grayson takes a quick glance around before tossing his shirt, quickly followed by his jeans. When he’s down to his fitting black boxers against heavily tattooed skin, I have to manually close my mouth. His thumbs hook into his underwear, and I hold my breath.
Grayson stands before me in nothing but skin. I’m awed by his perfection. Apparently, I’m not moving fast enough because he takes matters into his own hands or rather me into his hands. He places me on the hood, removing my blazer, and begins to slowly unbutton my shirt.
“You’ve had me in an aroused state for days, Celeste. I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of you.”
My lips curl up at his sweet words.
“It doesn’t hurt trying.” I suggest. His movements are smooth and focused. There’s something unbelievably seductive about confidence and control. It’s what I’ve been missing. Grayson is my equal in this, and that is new to me. I don’t think I’ll ever get enough. He slips my bra off, and the humid air has my nipples puckering, or maybe it’s his intense stare. I grab at my tie at the neck to loosen it, and he stops my hand.
“Leave it.” he growls, laying me back on the hood. His demand has me tightening with excitement, and I tell myself to settle down. I want this to last, but my body has other ideas. No one has ever made me this excited. He’s barely touched me. His tongue licks a fiery trail down my torso, dipping in my belly button and skimming the line of my trousers. His eyes have a slight glare in the dark, reminding me of the animal that lurks beneath. I shiver with anticipation.
Grayson slips my wide bottom slacks past my heels, leaving them in a pile on the ground. I blush at his wicked grin when he realizes I’m commando today. 
“Wow... I wish you could see yourself through my eyes, Celeste. You’re a vision in nothing but heels and a tie.”
I giggle at his awed tone and expression. I, too, wish I saw myself the way he sees me... I’d rule the world. 
Grayson wraps my legs around his waist and maneuvers me onto him. My upper half is leaning against the hood. In this position, he has complete control. His movements are slow as he grinds into me, and his eyes stay locked on mine. 
Picking up pace, he wraps my tie around his fist and uses it to deepen his thrusts. The results are mind-blowing, and I can’t help but moan at the pleasure. Grayson wears the same seductive grin that drives me wild as his body takes mine to new heights. A car passes, and I’m vaguely aware, completely consumed by Grayson and the pleasure he’s inducing. My knees are shaking I’m right there, but he knows and denies me by changing his tempo or moving just slightly.
I growl with frustration or desperate need, maybe both. His seductive chuckle tickles my ear, and I feel his teeth graze my skin. Alarm dulls my arousal as I remember the customary claiming of wolves. Grayson senses the change and switches tactics, drawing out my disappearing orgasm. Just like that, I’m on the brink again, all fear forgotten. I’m right there. He simultaneously pierces my skin and palms my most sensitive spot with precision pressure. 
Fireworks erupt behind my eyes as my senses kick in overdrive. 
I’m lost to this man. I realize the mix of pain and pleasure could lead to a new obsession, as I collapse in a boneless heap in his arms. 
“Celeste! Are you okay?” Grayson’s panicked tone pulls me from my sedated state. He lifts my lid when I don’t respond fast enough. I smack his hand away, and he lets out a sound of relief.
“I’m fine. Relax. It’s not every day I’m treated to mind-blowing orgasms. You’re going to have to give me a sec.”
Surprisingly, the bite wasn’t scary. I actually liked it. Maybe I have more animal in me than I think. Well, I do now.
“Mind blowing, huh?”
Oh, bother, just what his ego needs. I shake my head at him as he slips his jeans on and throws me his shirt. Grayson lays back on the hood, looking up at the night sky.
“Come here.”
I listen, finding my spot in the crook of his arm. The stars seem extra bright tonight, as if shining just for us.
“This is better than I ever imagined.” he says thoughtfully. I’d have to agree.
“Yeah, I could get used to this... to you.”
He smiles down at me, seizing my heart. I never thought I would find love, not this lifetime, but now that I have. I’m scared the rug will get pulled out from underneath me. If it does, this time could destroy me.
“I’m going to see Beth alone.”
Shit! Shit! Shit! Grayson rolls to face me, and my head slips, bouncing off the hood.
ow! 
Oh no, he definitely doesn’t like the idea.
“No way! That’s all day without my protection, and it’s not like I can teleport.  If you need me, I won’t make it in time.”
Okay, now I’m getting a little annoyed.  It’s not like I’m a damsel. I take deep breaths, reminding myself his domineering ways come from a place of love. 
Yep, still pissed.
“Two days actually, and I’m going.” I hold up my finger before he can interrupt. 
“This is important to me. Beth is important. If I show up with you, I may never get the truth. If we spend some alone time and everything’s as it seems. I can leave knowing she’s truly happy.”
“How would I keep her from telling the truth?”
With the size of his ego, the fact he hasn’t figured it out has me surprised. 
“Duh! She won’t look weak in front of someone like you. You 're all tough and proud. Beth would want to be the same.”
The stubborn set of his jaw tells me it’s going to be a long night. 
“And you’re not?”
Really? I’m not getting into this. I hope off the car, picking up my clothes, and throw them in through the window before turning on him.
“You know what, it’s not possible for us to be joined at the hip. I have a life of my own, you know, and it’s not going to change… so you better get used to it.”