chapter 33

Celeste
Six weeks later…
The world has literally gone to hell in a handbasket. The angels have given up on humanity, and the rules are no longer enforced. Creatures from all worlds are running free on earth, and Jacob is missing.
A week after Tally was taken, the Angels showed up looking for Jacob. They left when they realized he wasn’t here. It was that night we spotted the first demon. 
They started showing up all over the world. At first, the news called them wild animals. They called the new breeds of the ‘Rabid animals’ a result of detrimental environmental shifts brought on by global warming.  Their theory was blown out of the water when recordings of portals opening around the world; dropping in creatures only your nightmares could conjure. Began appearing all over social media. Within fifteen days, half the world’s population was slaughtered.
On an even brighter note, not! Some species banned together when they got word of a half-breed God on Earth and attacked the complex. There were too many to fight and Austin had to hide us out in faery. 
It’s one of the few places left with its own private portals in and out. We’re protected here for now, but the humans would never survive. Even I feel the drain it takes being here. Magic has its benefits.  If I wasn’t a witch, this place would turn me mad. It’s not meant to house humans. I have to leave every couple of days for a few hours and hide out on earth just to recharge. It’s dangerous, but if I didn’t, Grayson says I would lose my marbles and not even know they’re gone.
I don’t know what we’re going to do, but if we don’t figure it out soon. The earth will be destroyed and all of humanity with it…