CHAPTER 23

NO ONE'S POV

In a secluded corner of the convenience store, two figures are seated facing each other, engrossed in conversation.

"You like her, don't you?" The male voice asked.

The girl looked at her confused.

"Mercer." The male voice added.

The female stiffened but quickly composed herself as she answered the man.

"Yes, but she has Allyna now. Who am I to intervene?"

The woman stiffened but quickly composed herself as she answered the man.

"Oh, come on, I know you still want Kivriel. I saw how you looked at her lovingly when she was alone, and I saw how you threw a dirty look at Allyna. Ikaw naman ang nauna diba? papayag ka ba kay allyna lang s'ya napupunta?" The man said, trying to convince the girl of whatever he's planning.

"I never looked at Allyna that way. It's just jealousy that I'm feeling, pero tanggap ko na nawala akong chance kay Kivriel." the woman explained.

"Weak." the man stated mockingly.

"Shut up! huwag mo'ko igaya sa'yo na hindi marunong tumanggap ng pagkatalo!" the woman exclaimed.

"Bingo! you're right, wala sa vocabulary ko mag pataloWhatever I want, I must get it." the man said while smiling.

The woman furrowed her brows. She knew the man was up to something, so she agreed to meet with him.

"What do you want? Kaya mo na ako inakit makipag kita sa'yo pag pag usapan lang sila allyna?" The woman asked.

"Yes, straight to the point. I want you to cooperate with me to ruin whatever is starting between those two. I like Allyna, I want her, but Kivriel keeps getting in my way." the male angrily said.

The woman observed the man's behavior.

She didn't know he had this kind of personality. It was obvious he had different intentions towards Allyna.

"And what makes you think I will agree to your absurd plan?" The woman asked the man mockingly.

"Simple, you want Kivriel as much as I want Allyna." the man said coolly.

The woman furrowed her brows at the man's changing mood.

"No, I'm not that desperate." the girl said with finality and stood up.

The man held the woman's wrist firmly.

"Before you go, I want you to hear something that might change your mind." the man said and tapped his phone.

It was Kivriel and her cousin having a serious conversation on the bench when the man recorded their conversation.

"Kiv, you seem really close to Ainnie nitong mga nakaraang araw, she's too clingy, and you never get mad at her." Kyll stated.

"Yeah! Kapag kami dumidimkit sa'yo parati lang galit at halos isumpa mo na kami." Quin added.

"Aminin mo nga samin, do you like Ainnie?" Lian asked.

"No, You have a crush on Allyna, but sometimes I get confused about you, dude. Who do you really like?" Caizen replied.

"I don't like Allyna, I like Ainnie." Kivriel confessed.

After that, Caleb stopped the recording and looked challengingly at Ainnie, who acted shocked at what she heard.

"So, change of mind?" Caleb asked, smirking.