Chapter 27

NO ONE'S POV

Kivriel walked ahead towards the cafeteria. She felt someone walking beside her and looked at the person—it was Quin.

Napansin n'yang medyo matamlay ang mukha nito at tahimik. Gusto n'ya sana itong tanungin kung anong problema but don't bother to ask, she's not in the mood too.

As they arrived at the cafeteria, meron commotion . The students were clustered together, making it hard for them to see what was happening.

Since both of them were not in the mood, they decided to take advantage of the empty counter and buy food sinasamantala hindi mahaba ang pila.

Lian and Kyll arrived shortly after, showing no interest in gossiping about what was happening in the cafeteria.

Even Caizen remained quiet, and the whole group was silent na bibihira lang mangyare.

"Quin, sor-."

Kyll's words were interrupted as they heard the students around them murmuring, may ilan mga humihiyaw.

Nanigas naman sa kinakatayuan n'ya si Kivriel tila na estwata sa nakikita.

She felt like she was punched in the gut and her heart twisted at the sight.

"Allyna, I know it's only been one week since someone broke your heart, but I really can't wait to tell you how I feel. I like you, Allyna. I like you a lot. Please allow me to court you." Caleb said.

He held a bouquet of flowers and chocolates, accompanied by his friends who were holding a banner that read, "Allow me to court you, Allyna."

Both of them were waiting for Allyna's answer as she gazed at Caleb with some hesitation.

Allyna's eyes wandered around, not wanting to embarrass Caleb because she considered him a friend who had been with her for almost a week to cope with what she thought was Kivriel's betrayal.

Nag tama ang tingin nila ni Kivriel. She saw how Kivriel face remain stoic but she can saw emotions glinting to Kivriel's eyes.

Allyna's heart clenched a little.

Allyna's searching for any disapproval in Kivriel's gaze while Kivriel's eyes hid her emotions behind a cold stare, even though she was hurting inside.

Suddenly, Ainnie appeared beside Kivriel, covering her eyes. It was the signal for Allyna to say yes to Caleb, while Ainnie pulled Kivriel away. Allyna watched them walk away, but not too far that Kivriel couldn't hear her answer.

"Yes."

One word escaped Allyna's lips.

One word that shattered Kivriel's heart into pieces.

One word, but enough for Kivriel to lose hope in pursuing Allyna.

Just one word from the girl she adored, and it crushed her entirely.

............................................

Days passed by quickly. It's already been 2 weeks since the incident in the cafeteria, and also 2 weeks since Kivriel didn't attend classes, coinciding with the Intramurals, so she didn't bother going to school.

She isolated herself, and even her friends couldn't have a decent conversation with her. Her cousins often visited her apartment, but she would mostly stay locked in her room.

Even her parents knew what happened because her cousins told them about it.

They visited her once, but their conversation didn't go well.