twenty-one

twenty-one(this is such a sad chapter for literally no reason 😭😭😭 plsssss i listened to the saddest songs whilst making this

twenty-one
(this is such a sad chapter for literally no reason 😭😭😭 plsssss i listened to the saddest songs whilst making this. here you listen too lol: watch by billie, ceilings by lizzy, cardigan by taylor, traitor by olivia and july by noah)

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
illicit affairs
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Typically, Stella wouldn't wake up this hungover after a party, but today was different. Today, she found herself in her own bed, alone and the realization stung, almost as much as witnessing Matt and Erin's kiss had.

The pain cut deep now. It hurt because she felt nauseous just thinking about it. It hurt because she couldn't escape the image, couldn't shake the feeling of seeing him move on while she remained stuck. It hurt because despite her efforts to move on and focus on herself, she was still in love with him, powerless to change it.

For so long, she had tried to bury her feelings, to pretend she didn't care. But in the quiet moments, when she was alone, the emotions flooded out. She cried and cried until there were no tears left.

So waking up with the weight of her heartache compounded by a hangover was the epitome of a terrible day for Stella.

She lay in bed, her gaze fixed on the ceiling, feeling completely empty and drained. Her mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, leaving her overwhelmed. Seeing that kiss had been bad enough, but realizing she had treated Matt with the same disrespect he had shown her was a bitter pill to swallow. It wasn't what she had ever wanted, not once.

A sickening feeling gnawed at her, accompanied by a sense of guilt, as if she had betrayed him. But reality was they weren't together anymore. Reality sucked, and it weighed heavily on her.

A knock on her door jolts her out of her reverie, and Stella sits up. Ivy enters, carrying a glass of water and some aspirin.

"Hey, are you feeling okay?" Ivy asks, placing the water and aspirin on the bedside table. Stella nods, pursing her lips. "So, how bad was it last night?"

"Um, truth or easy truth?" Ivy inquires, taking a seat on the bed. Stella sighs. "Just truth."

"Well, after you kissed that guy, Matt stormed over to us and said you're...uh...not a great person. Then he and Erin were leaving. When they were leaving, you and Riley were dancing on a table. Matt looked kind of lost, like a lost puppy. Then Erin threw her drink on Riley, so Riley tried to fight her, but you didn't even notice and just kept dancing," Ivy recounts.

Stella's jaw dropped as Ivy recounted the events of the previous night. "Oh my god, I had no idea Riley got into it with Erin," she exclaimed, running a hand through her hair.