thirty-nine

thirty-nine IRL + messages !

thirty-nine
IRL + messages !

" i can't stand this "

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
illicit affairs
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Despite reconciling yesterday, tensions still lingered. Riley and Stella had made the decision to move to New York permanently, but Ivy and Piper remained uncertain about their own futures, given the strained atmosphere.

Although they had patched things up, there was an undeniable awkwardness in the air. Everyone was walking on eggshells, tiptoeing around each other with an unusual niceness that felt forced, like a facade masking deeper rifts within the group.

Meanwhile, Stella grappled with mixed emotions as Matt left her on read for a total of 12 hours. Part of her felt guilty, but another part couldn't muster up much concern. Was she doing the right thing by prioritizing herself?

The group chat had fallen silent, not even a message from Chris. Riley and Stella took it upon themselves to clean the apartment, while Ivy and Piper retreated to their rooms, further highlighting the palpable tension.

Everything felt...off.

Stella flopped onto Riley's bed with an exasperated sigh, prompting Riley to set her phone aside.

"Doesn't it feel like everything's just dead right now?" Riley murmured, to which Stella nodded vigorously.

"And Piper and Ivy haven't even bothered to apologize," Riley whispered, frustration evident in her tone. Stella's expression mirrored her sentiments. "It's like we're the ones left holding the band together."

"We didn't do anything wrong! They're the ones who bailed on us, and then they brought up our personal stuff, tweeted about it, ran to Eliza... and we ended up apologizing? It's absurd," Riley vented, her voice rising with each word. Stella could only shrug in response. "I'm so tired of all this drama. New York was supposed to be our escape from the LA mess. Maybe we're just adding to it."

"We should be focusing on new music," Riley interjected, a glimmer of determination in her eyes. Stella's smile returned. "Should I grab my songbook?"

"And I'll get my guitar," Riley suggested, and with shared laughter, they dashed off to gather their musical gear.

"Alright, I've got a few songs here that we can start working on," Stella announced, settling cross-legged on the bed as Riley retrieved her guitar pick.