thirty-three

thirty-threereal life + social media !

thirty-three
real life + social media !

" so are you not interested in matt at all anymore? "

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
illicit affairs
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Matt and Stella hadn't spoken at all since their FaceTime call the day before. Though Stella wanted to reach out, she held back. Maybe it was because everything seemed to be getting too serious, or perhaps because her walls went back up the moment she returned to New York. After all, they hadn't had much distance between them since their reconciliation. It could be that Stella had trust and commitment issues, though she'd never admit it to herself.

Nor would she ever admit that she might be stringing Matt along. To her, there were no strings attached.

Sabrina sat on the couch, laughing with Piper and Riley, while Ivy and Stella were in the kitchen making pasta. "So, how are things with Matt?" Ivy asked, drying her hands after washing them.

Stella let out a sigh. "What do you mean?"

"Are you ready to get back together with him?" Ivy pressed.

Stella pursed her lips. "No. Why should I? I don't owe anyone anything, especially not Matt."

"I thought you guys had moved past everything," Ivy said, frowning.

"Yes and no. We talked and technically moved on, but that whole thing still hurt me. I was in a bad place, Ivy. I didn't tell anyone because, come on, you know me. But it was rough, and I never want to feel that way again. Especially when I never expected Matt to do something like that. Even when we were together, it felt like he took it for granted—like he took me for granted."

Ivy listened to Stella, nodding thoughtfully. "I get what you're saying, Stella. I know it was tough, but it sounds like you and Matt have grown from that experience. Maybe he's learned his lesson and won't take you for granted anymore."

Stella shrugged. "Maybe, but I still have my doubts. I don't want to set myself up for that kind of pain again."

"I understand that, but you've also got to trust him a little bit. It's not fair to hold him accountable forever. You know he's trying, right?"

Stella sighed, her expression softening. "I know he is. I just don't want to make any promises to him or myself that I can't keep."

Ivy placed a hand on Stella's arm, trying to reassure her. "You don't have to make any promises right now. Just take it one day at a time, and see how things go. You don't have to rush back into a relationship, but don't close the door on him entirely, either."